• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your soft fingers between my claws // any
    "Hmm," the lion replies to his new companion's question, followed by a deep chuckle. "A little, burnt, actually."  

It turns out his nose had not lied to him, he discovers, as Rouhi continues. A feline brow raises in interest as the stallion quips about spontaneous combustion, confirming once again that he had made the right choice when he took the more civilized route.

But as he continues, one word in particular causes his appetite to flare again. 

"Are you trying to rebirth, as you call it?" His question is loaded, of course, if this horse was going to transform into a foal sometime soon then maybe his hopes of a fine dinner were not squashed after all. But is look is far from sinister, it has hardly changed.

In the west, the sun grows closer and closer to the golden horizon line and Atone casts his gaze skyward momentarily. The first stars are appearing in the east, and he can nearly taste them. He draws a minuscule amount of starlight towards himself,  intertwining the light between the tendrils of his mane. The glow is nearly imperceptible, easily mistaken for a trick of the eyes, but he likes to have the starlight close should he need it. 

"I may be able to help you with that," he suggests, his weighted gaze returning to the Pegasus.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your soft fingers between my claws // any - by Atone - 01-17-2019, 01:19 PM