• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your soft fingers between my claws // any
    Atone wonders what gave him away as the young stallion's demeanor suddenly changes. No longer is Rouhi the relaxed peer laughing man to man with a stranger in the meadow. He is a prey animal on the defensive. Atone's amber eyes lock on that quivering lip, feeling the other's anxiety spark his ancient instincts, his mind screaming at him to spring now. 

But his logic overrides his feral instincts - logic and self-preservation. 

"Doesn't sound to me like you really want to know," he replies with a disappointed sigh. For the first time since he stumbled across the sleeping horse, the lion stands to his full height. With a shake of his heavy crest, he yawns again. The displaced stardust rises around him and he doesn't try to hide it this time. Sparkles and light-dust fill the shadowy air between them and he smiles. 

"I thought we were friends," he purrs, but he knows there is no going back once he has seen the unbridled disgust on his companions long face.

"But I see," he sighs, his voice growing wounded though he doesn't feel it, "nothing can be done about that now."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your soft fingers between my claws // any - by Atone - 01-26-2019, 05:04 AM