• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any

Rhaegor

the playboy

Magnus welcomes Rhaegor to accompany him to the Leviathan kingdom of Nerine. Perhaps the ancient king can smell that salty, coastal kingdom on the young stallion, or perhaps he can smell one exact person on his blushing buckskin skin. Either way, the fact that Magnus invited Rhae to the one kingdom where he always desperately wants to go makes his chest swell with excitement, among other things. Those feelings, however, shall have to be subdued during this diplomatic trip.

Not that his ardor for her is ever subdued.

Rhaegor. His name sounds from the king lips, and he comes out of his momentary reverie. He notices the change in temperature quite abruptly, feathers ruffling all at once; but he devotes his attention entirely to Magnus as he issues Rhaegor a compliment. You have been doing well. Huh. Not that I'm surprised. His words end, but Rhae senses more: you have practically been bred for this work - raised to be a leader, to take charge. At this, Rhae smiles, taking the words as more of an automatic intuition of his than of any signs of cognitive developments. He has been bred for this kind of work; he thinks fondly of Solace and Kagerus, silently sending love in their direction. He ought to visit the cove.

You'll be earning your first promotion when we first get back to Tephra.

To be expected, Rhae figures.

I hope that you will consider working toward the advisory council. I could use strong men like you.

Here, Rhae's stoic nature shifts; lips and teeth parting, the stallion's throat emits a strange, alien clicking noise, indicative of heartfelt laughter. The reverberating motion of his muscles immediately warms him, allowing the blue-tipped feathers of his wings to gradually resettle. Shaking his head as a last silent chuckle shakes him, Rhaegor cocks a brow towards Magnus, wondering if he would make the connection that Rhae had made before he had to whisper it into the air between them.

"Mute council member. Perfect."

Still, Rhae appreciates the sentiment... And maybe a small part of him even believes that he could achieve such a position, regardless of his disability.

"Thank you, Magnus."

Not checking to see whether the king actually heard his half-muttered words, Rhae turns to scan the inside of Nerine, which quickly approaches. When Magnus stops, Rhae travels two steps farther - and then stops himself. Swallowing awkwardly, the eager lover-boy sheepishly shuffles backwards, keeping his eyes conveniently away from Mag's.

I'm here for diplomacy. I'm here for diplomacy I'm here for diplomacy.

A knowing, risque smile skirts his lips, unbidden.

Clearly, the rogue has plenty to learn.

...my name on your tongue and your tongue on my...

Forgot to mention that Rhae has plague symptoms, i.e an occasionally bloody nose, a thin, bony figure, and mottled wings.
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any - by Rhaegor - 12-17-2018, 01:25 AM