• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She was still bristling from her previous interaction with her father, but she didn’t let it show. Outwardly, she remained cool, perhaps a little too frigid, but she hadn’t argued with him further. They were too much alike in some senses, and even if she disagreed with him on all fronts, she was also still somewhat of a daddy’s girl and she hated the fact that he was mad at her. Of course, that didn’t mean she hadn’t been trying to escape, but everywhere she went, his shadow lingered just within her peripheral. Any attempt at slipping past him had proven useless, and it brought back memories of being a little girl and locked within Briseis’ overprotective grasp. Which, ironically enough, her father had been the one to convince her mother to loosen the vice grip she kept on her.

What a hypocrite. A few little bites and suddenly he’s her own personal jailor.

She had been debating taking her father to Tephra, to introduce him to Rhae, but the very idea made her nauseous. She didn’t entirely trust her father to not be mean, or embarrassing, or both. At the same time, she had no way to communicate to Rhaegor that she was currently trapped in Nerine. Unless he decided to come back, she was going to have to gain some courage and just take her father to him.

But sometimes, fate plays in her favor.

A shift in the breeze brings her a very familiar scent, and immediately her gold-blazed face swivels in his direction. The smile that breaks across her face is unmistakable, her heart skipping in her chest, and she is so focused on the face of her sweet prince that she almost doesn’t notice the stallion with him. She notices him just in time to rein in her excitement, and though the strides that carry her to them are quick, she has carefully positioned a mask of poise on her face.

”Rhae,” His name feels like home, and her dark brown eyes level with his and perhaps linger a little too long. It is all she can do to contain herself, her heart still fluttering uncontrollably at the sight of him, but she manages to tear her gaze away from him to look at the older stallion. ”Hi,” and her dark head dips just slightly, offering him an amicable smile as she introduces herself, ”I’m Chryseis. Breckin has been spending most of her time on Icicle Isle, but she might be around. Or my father can answer any questions you have.” Glancing over her shoulder, she sure enough spies the dragon-like stallion not too far off, and she barely keeps the eye roll out of her voice when she adds, ”I’m sure he’ll be over here shortly.” Because he follows me everywhere, she thinks, but of course doesn’t say out loud.

Unable to help herself, her gaze drifts back to Rhae, a faint smile lifting at the corner of her lips. Standing this close to him and not touching him was unbearable, but she was attempting to be diplomatic. Nerine was Breckin’s kingdom, and she tried to always behave when it came to that.

chryseis

@[Leilan] oh look he can meet Rhae hahaha

Also I forgot to write into my post that Chryseis has plague symptoms; mainly bloody nose and a cough.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any - by Chryseis - 12-17-2018, 02:07 AM