• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    She's right about the following part.

He has rather a lot of fun trailing her and most of all, making sure that she knows it. It would have been easy to follow her around without notice, but the purpose of such an action would be completely lost to him. After all, she was just recently grounded. Not eniterly because of thr boyfriend that she had never cared to introduce to his in-laws, or heck, even tell him about. Mainly, because he didn’t want to lose her. In death, to a kelpie that wouldn’t allow her to roam freely for sure, or to a boyfriend’s herd that she would be entirely unhappy in if he so much thought of having more mares than her.

This meeting is more than just that, however. Even if the slip of his daughter’s tongue - combined with the looks the two youngsters share - pinpoints the source of the number marks on her - marks! More ancient, uncivilized leftover ways of claiming from the Dark Ages than his great-grandfather - so very obviously.

His response is just that. ”Damn right you are, Farfalle.” he responds. He talks with a soft, almost dangerously calm voice, and addresses the boy next. ”A word with you, after this meeting.” he rather informs than asks, not a single muscle on his body moving while he imprints the message on the young stallion with one straight stare of his icy blue orbs.

When he looks at Magnus after that, he shrugs a little, as if to apologize for the intrusion and/or implying that it has nothing to do with his diplomatic visit at all. The buckskin is muscled, and smells of ashes and sulfur (much like Rhae) - but comes as a diplomat it seems. ”You must be Tephra’s leader,” he concludes. It’s in the way he holds himself, and seems to be leading Rhae. The gossip had taken some time to reach him, or Nerine at all, but it had landed before this visit, finally. ”Magnus, is it?” he dips his head, not quite a bow, more or less acknowledgement. Having risen to a position of just-about-second (or third) in this kingdom, not only through his marriage but also with his claim on Icicle Isle, he will have to adjust to diplomacy as much as Magnus, and try to be a leader to more than just Chryseis (even if she currently takes up most of his time).

”I’m Leilan. I’m not sure if Breckin can meet with us right away, but whatever you have to say to her, you can say to me, too.” he informs, one ear on Chryseis, but the rest of his attention wholly for the buckskin male. Sure, the scaled stallion may look unapproachable or impressive if he wants to, but around Magnus, he has no need for such an impression, and is quite relaxed. Quite a difference from how he looked at Rhaegor before, as everyone can surely see. It’s about as obvious as that Chryseis is his daughter, he thinks. But if not, he’d be happy to explain the situation to Magnus later.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[magnus]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any - by Leilan - 12-17-2018, 11:45 AM