• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

Magnus has come to love the silent boy at his side—learned to love him for his passion and his fire and his intelligence. For his stubbornness and his strength. For his gentleness. Although they are not related by blood, and the golden King knows he has more than enough parental love, he cannot but help but think of Rhaegor as a son—and it pleases him to no end to see him living up to his potential in Tephra.

When Rhaegor laughs at the idea of council member, Magnus’ gaze sharpens a little and he turns his heavy-jawed head toward the Sanctuary Prince. “I have never once thought you were less capable than the person next to you because of who you are and what obstacles you may individually have.” Rhaegor has never struggled to communicate in his own way, never struggled to make himself known. “And I’m certainly not going to start now. You are just as deserving for council as those with the loudest voice.”

But he puts such conversation to bed when the filly approaches them.

She is young but clearly resting on the brink of adulthood, and it doesn’t take him long to begin to piece together her connection to Rhaegor. Magnus’ grin is crooked and warm, amusement brightening his eyes. He clears his throat a little, watching as the two of them struggle against the instinct to be near one another. He could sympathize but also knew it was good for Rhaegor to learn a time and place for all things. This would be an interesting lesson for the diplomat to learn and an interesting test of skill.

Still, his face is kind when he addresses her. “My name is Magnus,” his gaze flicks toward the Tephran at his side, “and it appears you already known my companion.” His grin is a little roguish but he nods at her explanation. “I appreciate that information. We were simply trying to connect with the other lands now that things have begun to settle. To see how everyone else has fared during these times.”

But such an explanation is cut short when the draconic stallion approaches.

He shifts, straightening a little, his cheerful expression darkening a little at the pointed stare given to his Beta. “We have other lands to visit after this,” he says simply, his whiskey-voice neutral, but the implication clear: Leilan did not simply get to command Rhaegor in front Magnus. “Of course, if Rhaegor would like to stay, then he is welcome.” He nods to the boy, giving him his choice before turning his gaze back to the father. “But I can’t promise we will have enough time for further conversation.”

A quirk of lip, a roll of scarred shoulder.

“You understand the strict schedules of diplomatic visits, I am sure.”

He drops it though, content to not pick a fight just to settle a gnawing hunger in his belly. Instead he relaxes slightly, the seabreeze picking up the tangled, matted pieces of his mane and cooling the arch of neck beneath. “Magnus,” he affirms with a dip of the head. “As I was telling Chryseis, we are simply making the rounds to the other lands. An opportunity to let everyone know of the changes within Tephra, but also just a chance to see how everyone is doing, to see if there are ways we can help.”

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any - by magnus - 12-22-2018, 05:07 PM