• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He can’t afford letting her out of sight. And yet she tries so hard to. Did the universe want to punish him like this? Make him feel like killing himself, then bring him back to raise a daughter, only to watch her die at her own stupidity?

Jaw clenched, he watches her back more than he ever watches any other thing on her - she ignores him, and she turns out to be as stupid and stubborn as himself. Ugh. He paces, wondering what Briseis would have done. Probably nothing. Apathically let the girl make her own mistakes and if she died nobody would ever be the wiser.

Perhaps she should never have told him about his daughter. She’d been such a perfect little thing, of course she’d never stay that way. Now she just... he just doesn’t know any more. Not someone he remembers, for sure.

His own mother would say not to intervene. But how did her children turn out without her? Like him, for one. He never intended to sire someone so exactly... stupid like himself. But here she was. Thinking all the worst things of her father, just because he wanted to keep her from making his exact mistakes again. Was that all for nothing? Nobody to learn from it but himself and then as a reward, watch others do the same thing?

He snorts. ”This is stupid.” he mutters to himself. Then, before he can change his mind again, he walks straight up to her. ”Chryseis.” he says. His tone doesn’t reveal anything much, but at least it should be clear he’s not as mad as he was earlier when he told her that she would be grounded.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis - by Leilan - 12-18-2018, 03:38 PM