• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He can’t do anything right, at least not right away. First of all, technically, she shouldn’t even exist. Of course, that thought left a strange taste in his mouth, and then some. Ophanim shouldn’t exist, even though, with Jenova not really caring much, he was the least to worry about. Thorgal definitely shouldn’t exist. And Naia... where would he even begin to explain.

Second, he probably shouldn’t have brought her to Nerine to live here. In fact he should not have visited that day when she was just a yearling, tempt her with his stupid ideas and stories of roaming the world and getting nearly eaten by a kelpie. He should have let her grow up with her mother, and then her having a boyfriend would not have been known to him either but at least Briseis might have known about it, and he’d have to trust her judgement.

And, of course, he should have seen this coming and not overreact to the boy’s existence. It had been the compilation of information - the fact that she had been marked and claimed not just by the boy but also by a kelpie male; the very one that never met with anyone in Ischia but who’s suddenly appearing daughter proved that he had in fact one or more mares out there that nobody ever saw. Of course, Leilan made the assumption that one so overly-attractive to the other sex, had more than one mare. The fact that nobody in Ischia had known about them however, really was the scary part. Naturally, he did not want his carefree daughter to suffer that fate.

Had she delivered the news of Rhaegor some other time, preferably before she had had a bunch of teeth in her shoulder, he might not have panicked. But what’s done is done, he’ll always be a brash idiot acting on emotion. Just like she.

Which was why he was so stupid - of course she would hate him for grounding her; he would too. And she would out of spite, search out Rhae. And who knows what else she would do. At any rate, it’s no solution.

The root of the problem lies with himself - he’s caused her to exist and then caused her to be too much like himself, and now he’s caused her to be angry with him. Great. Good parenting, Leilan. The realization had come a little too slowly this time (unlike when they first met, instinctively avoiding the word ‘no’ - damn, but even the happy memory was now tainted). Numb now, the last of his anger directed at himself, he had called. And seen the damage. A hesitant girl in front of him.

Deflated and blue, he just looks at her a while. Wondering where to start. The beginning maybe? Yes. Perhaps she’ll learn something after all. ”I shouldn’t have yelled. Of course it has the opposite effect.” he sighs. Then, with no other way he can think of to force her to learn about the world (too early! Or too late?), to learn from his mistakes instead of repeating history. He forces out the one question. ”Where do you think you came from, Farfalle?” Darling butterfly, you’ll get hurt out there. And pregnant. And lost. I don’t want any of that for you.

But he had already lost his daughter, in a sense. The only thing he can do now is tell this new young woman who came in her stead, why she must be careful where boys were considered.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis - by Leilan - 12-31-2018, 06:05 AM