• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She can’t read her father’s mind, of course, but if she could, she would have felt terrible. She didn’t want him to feel like he didn’t do anything right; she still loved him unconditionally, and even with imperfections, she wouldn’t trade him for anything. But even without being able to see into his thoughts, she can feel what radiates from him. She can see the look on his face, and it makes her heart clench, and she softens herself even more as a response. In a single step she curls against his side, just as she has always done, her golden-tipped muzzle laying against his shoulder. Her body is still feverish, and the winter chill of Nerine made her skin shiver, but being able to steal his warmth was like a blanket over her shoulders.

”It’s okay,” she says softly, and then, after a hesitation, she adds, ”I’m sorry, too, for getting mad.” She still felt those feelings, though the anger was not as red-hot as it had been. For all her frigid qualities, her temper had a way of flaring, sometimes beyond her control, but it always quieted down – especially when faced with someone she loves. She is sure that this was not the last thing she and her father would not see eye to eye on. They were too similar, with he being quick to react, and her unable to keep from feeding off of it. Maybe as she got older, she would be able to remain calm in the face of agitation, but for now, she was still chaotic, reactive. Like him.

She frowns a little at his question, and she pulls away from him to tilt her head inquisitively, and ask, ”What do you mean?” She pauses to consider it, not entirely sure what he is asking. ”I came from you and...mom?” The perplexion in the way she says it is obvious, reading his reaction, trying to figure out if she was on the right track. ”And I was born in Hyaline.” She blinks up at him, slightly wondering if this was how she was going to find out she was adopted.

chryseis

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis - by Chryseis - 01-10-2019, 02:14 AM