• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

The autumn wind is at her back, tousling her locks as they glimmer in the sunlight. Each breath she draws into her lungs bears a stronger semblance to Sylva, to overgrown forests and her future. It lures her nearer, crooning to her with its groaning trees and rippling ponds. It will be different from Hyaline, she has assured herself, but she debates whether she looks forward to that or dreads it. With Solace reigning, Valdis is at least a respectable member of the society, but here? Here, she begins as nothing.

It had been a long trek interrupted by family. The lack of urgency is conveyed in her meandering as she peers up at the trees. They are sporadic at first but as the canopy thickens, she realizes how close she is edging toward her new life. Sinner’s scent sinks into her nostrils, then her entire being. It’s he that has spurred her interest. It’s because of him that she acquiesced to perhaps living in Sylva (under the assumption that she will not be bored). She is here for Sinner. Their meeting was not at all customary. In truth, Valdis wasn’t looking for a home; she wanted entertainment, and he provided just that and more. In the midst of a plague, in a meadow riddled with pestilence, she found someone to pique her interest and lure her from the sanctuary of Hyaline.

Sinner’s scent strengthens. It sinks its claws into her now. Valdis takes pause and realizes that she has arrived. The trees mirror autumn with yellows, reds, and oranges. Lost in a sea of color, she lifts her sapphire eyes to drink in the new sights. Sheets of sunlight slant down from the canopy and glimmer across the porcelain patches across her body. Even since her time with Sinner in the meadow, she has changed. Although still wary of him, her confidence has climbed. Her body has changed in a way she never expected. Where there had been buckskin patches there is now an arctic shade of blue, and the white adorned with frost that catches and reflects light like diamonds. Around her, she can see spots of light kissing the tree trunks and leaves when she shifts in the sun’s embrace. A smile nearly breaks the flat line of her lips.

(“Am I the prettiest sister?” she once asked Abysm)
    “The prettiest.”

How vain of her then, but all that crosses her mind now is how beautiful she still is, how she will be a most prized treasure.

Assuming she will be found soon enough, Valdis waits and bides her time observing the forest around her and wondering what future lies in wait. Sinner will not recognize her, not at first, but he also will not mistake her scent. Just as he wanted and proclaimed, Valdis is finally here in Sylva.

[color=#1c344d][size=x-small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]
    VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.
    It was another day in Sylva, the trees flourished with orange, red, green and brown leaves. They were full, but soon the leaves would crumble leaving there sanctuary bare to the flyers.

She casually finds herself moving through Sylva, inside her belly stirred the possibility of a foal, with her king. But it was far too early to tell, she would just protect it as if it was there.

The scent of a stranger runs through her nares and her ears flick forward, Sylva had been attracting equines faster than she could count. But this equine was different, the scent of a kingdom already claimed them.

Her eyes narrowed as she follows the scent, moving past bushes and a few boulders a blue and white mare comes into her sight. Prettt little thing she thinks to herself before moving towards the mare.

Unlike the other equine she ran into, this one respected the boundaries, awaiting a Sylvan member to approach her. Hello, are you looking for someone? She asks stopping a few paces from the young mare, was she here to stay or visit Mary wondered.

@[Valdis]

Mary’s scent is heavily mingled with Sinner’s – enough so that Valdis almost believes he is already arriving to greet her in their wooded prison. If at all disappointed, it wouldn’t be known as she steadies an unyielding stare on the woman. While they both are blanketed in Sinner’s familiarity, there are more exotics coating Valdis. There is Hyaline, the forest, the meadow, and Icicle Isle. It provides mystique as she inches a small step forward to meet the stranger, her azure eyes scrutinizing. No name is provided, only a question that hangs idle for a few long moments as Valdis diverts and observes the trees towering above them. It’s almost startling how colorful of a world it is – reds, yellows, oranges – for a man shrouded in darkness and scheming.

The woman is still watching Valdis expectantly, but she doesn’t at all feel rushed. A lungful of air is drawn in, familiarizing herself, before blinking and focusing on her company. ”Sinner, I suppose?” His intrigue has lured the girl here, but she doesn’t come out of desperation for a home (she has many options) but for opportunity and her own curiosity.

Where he goes, she will be, unless boredom intervenes.
    But he promises not to allow that.

With a mild shrug, Valdis decides to settle and answer the mare’s likely thoughts. It’s typical to wonder the intentions of strangers at the gate. She remembers that even as a child growing up in Hyaline. ”He wants me to live here, so I decided to come check it out.” Her tail sweeps across her hindquarters nonchalantly, mirroring the casual drawl of her voice.

VALDIS

@[Mary]
    Mary's ears pricked forward, her gaze settled on the blue tovero. She was in a particularly happy mood, which is making for a much different conversation. Then again she patiently waited at the border instead of crossing over like an intruder.

The young mare takes her time in responding, and when she finally does a humored smile tugs at her lips. Sinner, I suppose she says, almost questioning her own thoughts. Mary cocks an eye to the painted mare, is this youngling who he choses to spend his time with?

Mary did not care who he had chosen to fool around with or consume his time with. She knew all his actions had an alterior motive, even the foal that grew within her belly. Though they shared a night of lust, that was all it was, she did not yearn for his attention, nor did she care that this mare came to seek him out. Guess you came to the right place.

A shift in the young mares expression leads her to speak once again, this time noting that Sinner wants her to live here, so she came to check out Sylva. He did, did he? She cocks an eye holding back the laugh that built up within.

Mary tosses her head, gesturing the mare to come into Sylva, to follow Mary as she proceeds deeper into the forest. My name is Mary, what may I call you? She can detect a hint of Sinner's scent on the mare, only making her curious if they would be sharing fathers this season. The thought quickly fades and her gaze flicks to find the mare once again What kingdom are you coming from? She inquires, an attempt to be friendly and welcoming to the new Sylvan.

@[Valdis]

Mary could outwardly laugh if she wanted and assume Valdis is Sinner’s toy, and she would be unfazed. After all, it isn’t she that is pregnant with his child at the drop of a hat. Alas, the fact of it remains unknown as Mary is still slim in figure. Come the winter months, it will show as will Valdis’ snide judgment.

She, unlike most, enjoys perceiving herself as an untouchable treasure for the time being.

”It was easy to follow his stink,” she airily jests with a slow curve of a grin sliding across her pretty face. The hellhound has a distinguishable scent that she often teeters between liking and disliking. Of course, she wouldn’t admit it to him – all else about Sinner is fascinating and somehow foreboding. Never forgetting his precarious he is, she often watches what she says while coating her words with humor and intrigue. Just enough to keep him entertained, while he provides the same to her. Together, they are an interesting pair – matching each other with wit and ambition, but somehow, she knows he will always be one step ahead.

At least she has room to learn and grow.

The autumn paints Sylva in a beautiful array of colors, and she could almost match with the metallic gold of her locks. They lift with the cool breeze, dancing until the gale dies away and leaves the two mares in a continued silence. ”Valdis,” she finally offers after a long enough pause, all while weighing her options and considering Mary. Having just met, the level of mistrust runs high in her thoughts, but she obliges to the simple, expected questions. ”Originally? Hyaline. Since the plague, I’ve been everywhere but.” Mother wants her back in the safety of their herd, but Valdis yearns for adventure and excitement. There remains an offer if she decided to return to her family, but alas, Sinner roped her in instead and led her here, into the lion’s den.

VALDIS

@[Mary]
    It was easy to follow his stink the young mare says, and Mary nods in acknowledgment. Of course the canine had a particular scent, one that sets him apart from any equine she has ever met, but then again she can pull a scent from anyone she knows well. But Mary could not disagree, the kingdom is filled with Sinner's scent.

It took a few moments, and in all this time Mary can part together that this blue equine is very timid in trusting. Mary was the opposite of her when she was younger, trusting unless given a reason not too. But now with the crown she has learned to be less trusting, only hoping this one would mature into a friend of sorts over time.

Valdis , the silence is broken as she gives her name. A pretty name for a pretty mare, she thinks to herself and a gentle smile tugs at her lips once again. It was obvious to Mary as to why Sinner was drawn to this mysterious girl, hopefully she would not bring any drama with her.

Mary inquires what kingdom she comes from and she responds with Hyaline as her birth home, but she has not been around since the plague. It made sense since she was unable to pick out a specific kingdom from her pelt, but at the mention Hyaline still barely clinging on. Sometimes it is good to venture from your birth kingdom. Of course that all depends on how many siblings you had, and even the position your parents held.

I hope Sylva is the change you are looking for and with her last sentence Mary comes to a draw. The dapple queen settles finding Valdis' gaze, What is it you seek from Sylva? she asks, not only to better know this possible kingdom member; but to ensure there are no malicious intentions for Sinner.

@[Valdis]

Mary had opened the hypothetical gates to Sylva, and Valdis now, finally, obliges. She ambles forward, just barely grazing past the Queen so that she may further observe the seemingly endless web of trees. Somehow, this land has captured Sinner, and so she dives in wondering why – what about it is enticing enough to a hellhound? Surely the answers will unfold with time. The fun would be lost if she learned everything upfront, and if it was offered on a silver platter. With a lifted brow, Valdis advises herself to be patient and to simply savor the moment. Feeding off Mary is enough to quench her for now.

Only a short distance beyond the border, she turns to face the Sylvan as her scent is thickly spread across the kingdom as well. Assumptions tuck themselves away busily as she focuses on the question at hand with a curt nod. ”I suppose so,” she agrees with a placid grin and steady blink. ”Sometimes your birth home gives you birth rites, but I think there’s more fun on your own paved path.” Solace – mother – made offers so as to keep her daughter near, but Valdis craved more adventure. Something in her heart pattered when an alternative was thrown on the table, cloaked in Sinner’s (likely empty) promises. Even if nothing is given to her, he still fascinated her.

”And you?” She returns the question with an inquisitive furrow of her brows, ”Where are you originally from?” Some, Valdis will discover, prefer their homeland over any other place because it’s comfortable, familiar, easy. She enables a long enough time for an answer before she resumes with a thoughtful flick of her molten tail. ”I hope so,” she doesn’t add that Sinner thinks it will meet her expectations and that she will never tire of Sylva. She also doesn’t add that he admitted that she is to belong to him and no one else, because they would both find it laughable.

Mary would think her a childish fool.
    Valdis sees herself as a free and untouchable woman.
    Sinner already thinks her as his own prize.

The reasons she is here are locked away with Sinner. He has answers, solutions, and ideas. Their conversation is neatly folded and set aside, remaining unopened even in the face of Mary’s questioning. With a sideways glance to a distant pond, Valdis reels for a simplistic answer to sate the woman’s thirst. ”Opportunity, like anyone else. Purpose.” The answers are seemingly generic enough to provide temporary satisfaction. Then it is Valdis asking a question with a touch of assumption twisting in her voice. ”And what role do you play here in Sylva?”

VALDIS

@[Mary]
    I suppose so she responds to Mary's mention of leaving her birth kingdom. She notes that sometimes you are born with birth rights and a smile tugged at Mary's lips. Birth rights she should have had, but rights her father ripped from her when he passed the crown to Sinner.

She also mentions paving her own way and Mary nods in acknowledgment. Not everyone is meant to stay in there birth kingdom, Hyaline being the sanctuary it is, offers little for equines wanting to taste that true power hungry kingdom.

Mary hopes that Valdis will like Sylva, not because Sinner invited her, but because should she become a Sylvan she will be one of Mary's kingdom members as well. A long moment of silence passed before Valdis blurted out I hope so and once again Mary nods in acknowledgment.

Lastly, Mary inquires what it is she seeks from Sylva. Mary enjoys the company of Sinner, and she would hate to see the hellhound get screwed over by some pretty girl. It was important she digs deeper to this girls desires, one that she simply states to be an opportunity, a purpose. A grin tugs at her lips plenty of opportunity in Sylva. There kingdom begging for dedicated members.

The painted blue mare asks a question that she did not expect, one that keepe her smile upon her maw. What role do you play in Sylva her tone hints that she was able to connect the dots, but she asks for confirmation. I am the Queen she says, briefly flicking her gaze to Valdis I focus on the kingdoms diplomatic issues throwing in her preferred position. She would fight for her kingdom, even Sinner, but she was much better at holding a conversation. Her gaze finally lifts to settle on Valdis, curious as to her reaction, comfirming her suspicions. 

@[Valdis]

Queen, she says, and Valdis placidly nods, unsurprised. She is familiar with the sense of entitlement and dominance conveyed by those in power. Mary, with her sureness and confidence, reeks of nobility that Valdis has come to know. The confirmation of her assumptions doesn’t at all change the manner in which she addresses the woman. ”Congratulations,” she drawls, only half meaning it because she doesn’t quite know Mary well enough, or how she obtained the title. Her mind, also, cannot help to wander and consider whether it was first Sinner or Mary to hold the throne.

She doesn’t ask.
    In time, she will learn.
    In time, Sinner will feed her information.
    For now, her interests run with Mary, the diplomatic Queen.

”And where have you already visited?” A brow lifts inquisitively, considering whether Hyaline remains yet on the agenda, or crossed off. Mother, she imagines, wouldn’t want hostile ties with her daughter’s home – but would she want to be associated with a kingdom with a reputation? ”Where does Sylva stand in the scramble? Alone, or are there allies?” It would unlikely be as united as Hyaline and the Cove – the Sanctuary, no? But her interest is enticed by this new web of fate she has tangled herself in.

VALDIS

@[Mary]
    Congratulations the word seeps past Valdis' lips. Mary gives a quick nod, the title was hers, and though she yearned to the crown she had no desire to flaunt it. She already had what she wanted, only those power hungry would care, and this one certainly did not appear power hungry, not yet at least.

Mary notes that she focuses on diplomatic issues for the kingdom and Valdis inquires what kingdoms she has visited already. She briefly cocks an eye at the blue mare, she certainly knew a lot for her age and it left her wondering who exactly raised her. Questions she had, but she would hold of on asking, time would tell.

I have visited Nerine, and Sinner Tephra. We were to visit Hyaline, but there scent lingers. Seems they beat us to the punch. She was not apart of the meeting with Hyaline, but she was able to tell from the scents that Sinner had. Information she would later gather from the king once they meet again.

I should visit Ischia, are you interested in accompanying me? She asks, testing out the waters, curious exactly her motives. That being said she can not help but remember the similarly painted stag who lives in Ischia, she would be able to kill two birds with one stone with the visit.

The young mares mind must be running with thoughts, she asks yet another question. This time she inquires about any alliances that Sylva has. An important question for any kingdom member to know the answer too. We are closely linked with Loess, one kingdom really, though we are the sub territory. Loess members are free to wonder our lands, as we are theres. She pauses as her mind wonders to the roan queen, Noah. We are not as tightly bonded to the Pampas, though we are cordial, and at the end of the day will aid to there side should we need too. Mary has not forgotten the queens attempt to rid Mary of the plague, though it has failed she would not turn her back to the Pampas should they need assistance.

@[Valdis]