• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Gypsy
    The blue roan mare had recently gotten back from her journey to Tephra to try and get Karat to come back. She wasn't sure what kind of trouble she might be in for not forcing the lavender girl back here. The winged girl gave a soft sigh and called out not sure who may come across her. Carwyn wasn't even sure she wanted to see Ivar at the time. If he was the one who found her then she would welcome his presence and company. Carwyn decided to look around and wait to see who might find her.

@[Ivar]
    Sorry about this crappy starter post
    The kelpie lounges in the shallow water, his hooves stretched out on the sand and his finned tail flicking behind him. The sun has just begin to sink behind the horizon, coloring the tropical island in shades of orange and gold, when he catches sight of Carwyn.

Jhene has already told him of their failure to persuade Karat to return, and Ivar's irritation over the matter has been soothed. The appaloosa has a few new scars to add to her collection, and so Carwyn has the luxury of receiving only a slow and lazy smile from the handsome kelpie.

Knowing the purple Tephran had insinuated Ivar might not be the gentle creature he pretends to be has made him more cautious than usual, even in this season. When he rises from sea it is without hurry, and he moves toward the overo Carwyn with an easy smile.

"It's been a while," He says as he presses his damp muzzle to her shoulder. The volcanic scent of Tephra is fading quickly from her blue hide, but Ivar trails his muzzle toward her withers as though he might hurry it away. "I thought you might have chosen to stay in Tephra. I'm glad you didn't." If she had, he'd have been forced to drag her back and that does always put a damper on his mood. He hadn't though, she is here and whole.

@[Carwyn]
    The winged mare had finally noticed the presence of the kelpie stallion and decided to give him a small smile. She noticed the movements of Ivar and gave a soft sigh. Carwyn felt his damp muzzle on her shoulder. The overo mare said "Yes it has been quite a while. I did want to visit longer but I had decided against doing so. I thought it might have been safer to have cut my visit short." She knew that if she had stayed in Tephra with Karat then she would have been brought back and well maybe punished. Carwyn had wanted to stay longer to just visit with the lavender colored mare.

@[Ivar]
    The roan mare doesn't react to his touch, so as she elaborates on her visit to Tephra, Ivar leans over to straighten a crooked feather in her dark wings. He is gentle, and presses his muzzle briefly to the claiming mark he'd previously made on her withers. Carwyn chatters about wanting to visit with Karat longer, and the kelpie half-listens as he continues to casually groom her.

She mentions that she thought cutting her visit short was a safer option than staying and Ivar pauses. Wasn't Tephra free of the Plague? He knows that Ischia is not immune to the sickness, but Ivar appears to be - and that is all that matters.

"You should visit her sometime, then." Ivar says, adding shortly after: "Perhaps sooner rather than later. I don't want you traveling alone once you're farther along." They can't be sure that Carwyn is carrying a foal yet - it is too early for that - but Ivar is infinitely hopeful.

@[Carwyn]