• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  leave me in my winter [ here i am powerful ]

If he had been trespassing, how truly awkward that would be, thoroughly against the better parts of his morality. He looked sheepishly at the other- unintended wrong doing, the amber glim of his eyes turning to innocence, embarrassment. As it were, there was no leader upon the throne of cold, and so he relaxed, muscles unknotting. Scholar hadn’t even noticed he had become so stiff, tense, in the wake of possibly arriving uninvited. Father would not have thought kindly on that, he thought it best not to bring it up, being uncareful was foolish.

Where was his head at?

Oh, right, Jingle. The chestnut shook his head, trying to send the fog away, the veil of things that just had to be left alone. Allowed to unfold, it was a touchy thing to trifle with fate, and he was no man to attempt it. Did he have the knowledge for it? Perhaps. Scholar was uncannily intelligent, like most of his family, schooled in the most obscure of information. To most people, they were very strange indeed, annoying maybe- he couldn’t help it, none of them could.

“Ah yes, well, Father is quite close to some of the original settlers. He calls them my uncles,” a laugh to follow, the title untrue in blood, but very solid nonetheless. “Followed them there with Mother, he just sort of tags along, no one ever makes a fuss of it. Sort of hard to really, but that’s just Weir for you.”

The words trail, it was obvious he held his Father in the highest of respects, crafting a smirk along his jaw.

“Normal? Heh, that’s quite nice of you,” a shrug and a grin, eyes trailing off into the horizon.

“Suppose I best wish them luck, whoever they are, and good fortune- I quite enjoy it here.” It’s practically perfect, just the right amount of cold, and the wooded area to the South. He imagined Father would have told him it was like the Dale, with a little slice of the Tundra sprinkled in, two realms lost to everything but memory.

Their stories are still written though, tucked away in the minds of those that knew them, those that kept them alive in their hearts- their thoughts. Some of the greatest stories he had ever been told had taken place in a land far away, and not so far away at all. Before the world changed and the Mountain rose against the skies.

Scholar
    my philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice

@Leilan
    Mood board:  Scholar

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leave me in my winter [ here i am powerful ] - by Scholar - 12-27-2018, 04:56 PM