• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This one is for ANYONE
    She seemed friendly enough, and while Dizzy didn’t miss the way her eyes lingered on her still-regrowing hair and the stitch-marks that held her patches together, at least it was brief and the stranger didn’t make a big thing out of it. A simple answer, an introduction, and a little smile that bordered on friendly, gold eyes meeting hers without much by way of judgement or too much curiosity.

“Dizzy,” she answered, as honest an answer as she ever gave to that question. Hell, she didn’t know if anyone but her parents and her brother knew the name her mother had given her went beyond that. Part of her still wondered what on earth could possess a woman to stitch such a heartless thing into her daughter’s soul, but Ravyn had never been much of a mother.

“What brings you to the island? You know, other than plague sweeping the world and driving people to the few safe places left, okay, stupid question…” She shook her head, gaze dropping to the ground. “Family, though, or? My…” Fuck. Honestly, she had no idea how to finish that sentence, no idea what label to put on Dov. She knew what she would have called him, once. But the way things were now? With everything so unsettled, with her so fucking broken, with...god, she just didn’t know. She didn’t think she had any right to claim he was her anything, even if she’d given him her stupid, useless heart and no take backs. 

“I’m here with my family, my three kids and their dads.” Answer enough, she guessed. “Trying to keep my babies safe from the plague.” Or as safe as they could be with both fathers infected. At least the girls and Defy seemed okay so far. “Are you here with anyone, or?”

Messages In This Thread
    This one is for ANYONE - by Roma - 12-23-2018, 08:07 AM
    RE: This one is for ANYONE - by Disastardly - 12-28-2018, 01:47 PM
    RE: This one is for ANYONE - by Roma - 12-29-2018, 09:11 PM
    RE: This one is for ANYONE - by Disastardly - 02-27-2019, 09:41 PM
    RE: This one is for ANYONE - by Roma - 03-31-2019, 11:37 PM