• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't even know what to call this; wishbone
    ivar

A faint vibration sounds from his watch, and Ivar glances down to see the green message icon. He clears it with a brief shake of his wrist, and sees the time just before he looks back to hear Wish speak. Ivar's dark brow rises inquisitively at her words, and at her concern over child witnesses he laughs aloud. It's startling - he'd been quite sure this meeting (if it ever happened) would have a few more raised voices.

But rather than wield the verbal barbs he'd had ready (even practiced, perhaps), Ivar is simply content to sit in her presence rather than drive her away. When the auburn haired woman stands to leave he mirrors her movements, pulling his own sunglasses down from where they were resting on top of his head before following her.

He should know better than to press his luck, but he still finds it difficult to believe that she has so readily agreed to his suggestion. Ivar takes a few longer strides to catch up to her. He slides the loops of his bag toward his left elbow, and slips his right hand across the small of Wishbone's back to rest on the opposite side of her waist.

His grip is firm, though he makes no effort to hinder their forward progress. The two of them might garner more attention than he'd like, but Ivar would rather risk being recognized than have her slip away again. The fabric of her grey romper is soft, and he moves his thumb in slow circles without glancing down.

They reach the entrance of his building, and Ivar makes a grand gesture of pulling the door open with a flourish.

"After you, my lady."

At this time of morning the lobby is deserted. The faint scent of coffee from the in-house restaurant wafts toward them, but Ivar is too intent on guiding Wishbone toward the elevator to be distracted. When the doors click shut behind him, Ivar pushes his sunglasses up and hood off in one contiguous motion.

He takes a step closer and this time both of his hands move to rest at her hips. Torn between pulling her closer and pressing her against the elevator wall, Ivar deliberates while watching her. "You got more freckles," he says abruptly. "Must of been somewhere sunny."

i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't even know what to call this; wishbone - by Ivar - 02-02-2019, 07:28 PM