• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any]
    LOTHAR

calm will follow the storm as peace follows war

It had been years since his father 'saved' him, but to Lothar he murdered his father. If he had only made it to the Pampas, Lothar would have never gotten the plague, never would have caused his father to pick a fight with the faeries. 

The equine who was traveling in his cheetah form has never returned to his home in Sylva. He had been to embarassed to face his siblings, though he has heard Mary took the crown like she always wanted. 

He casually stalked through the island known as Ischia. Being a nomad has allowed him to learn about most of the kingdoms, even learn there scents! He figures he is a grown stallion now and should probably settle into a kingdom. Live up to his fathers name, become something of the Arthas name. 

The smell of salt filled his nares, it was refreshing in an odd way. The feline finds a seat on the shore, he tilts his head and allows a roar to echo through the kingdom, respecting there boundaries, hoping someone would accept him into there home. 

The appaloosa mare picks her way along the path. It is one she walks each day from her resting place to the cool spring and back again. Yet she keeps losing her footing, unbalanced and wobbly. The dizziness is a normal symptom, or so the older mare had said. Jhene had trusted the pegasus; she looked like she'd borne more than her share of children.

Now, for the first time, Jhene is going to have her own child. She has been trying for years, desperate for a family, and now - at last - her wish is coming true. The little kelpie within her belly is too small to do anything but make her dizzy, it seems, but Jhene's beatific smile remains despite her near fall.

By the time she regains her balance she's reached the beach. There, to her surprise, is a spotted cat. "Hello." She says immediately, only pausing afterward to wonder if the cat can even hear her. What if it is a native cat, nothing special? But what if it is a shifter? Jhene is curious.

The thing had roared aloud right here on the beach, much like a horse would call upon arriving at the border of a kingdom. A coincidence? Possibly, but she'd rather get caught speaking to a mute animal than risk not having been polite to a visitor. Politeness is important.

"I'm Jhene," she adds.

@[Lothar]
    It would appear he already had a spectator before he roared out for attention. Hello, the greeting pierces his ears and he slowly turns his head to the source. A palomino appaloosa mare stands a few paces away, she was much older than mother and father, and did not seem to be fairing well.

I'm Jhene she introduces herself even when he does not respond. A small smile tugs at his lips and he prowls over toward the mare, plopping down once again before her. Hello there, my name is Lothar. Even in his feline form it is obvious he is still young in age.

His eyes gaze to the colorful mare, her pelt looks like it has seen better days, she looks like she is on her last days. He takes note of her condition, but does not mention it. I am glad you are here! He exclaims with a hint of eagerness in his tone. I come a long way, It took me a while to settle...but I want to make Ischia my home.

He declares his intentions pridefully, the feline props himself up as tall as he could, looking as regal as possible. He was not sure what came with a kingdom, but he was hoping to do his part, to take pride rather than run from his past.

@[Jhene]
    The cat's mouth twitches in what Jhene assumes is the cat version of a smile. He is coming closer, at any rate, and not in the prowling way that suggests he might want to devour her. If anything, the way he moves is still a little jostly, a little lanky, as though he has not quite grown into himself yet.

A cub then, and not a fully grown cat. Jhene's smile grows - she has always been fond of the young.

He sounds eager to join Ischia, and the palomino mare nods her head happily. Though she is a diplomat, she knows that her word isn't final on accepting new residents to Ischia. The tropical island doesn't function quite the way that most realms do, and their recent change from a kingdom to a territory has left Jhene somewhat puzzled.

"Ischia is a good place to live," confirms the horned mare. "Where did you come from? Do you have experience with the caste system?" Maybe if she knows a little more about what he is looking for she can better decide where he might fit in Ischia, and then together they can present the idea of him stay to the Khal.

@[Lothar]
    @[Jhene] rolled a 5 and is infected.
    She also rolled a 2 and will show symptoms.
    A five means she will not express a trait.
    Ischia is a good place to live, the old mare states. He has no doubt it is true, he has lived silently his whole life, eavesdropping on other equines who traveled through the nomad lands. He learned the scent of the kingdoms, and was able to get a feel for each kingdoms general vibe.

He wonders how his siblings are doing, Mary and Delta, his older siblings, both spoiled by father. Sure Arthas died in the name of Lothar, but he did not spend nearly the amount of time with him, his bastard child, as he did with his two lovers children.

None the less, he chose Ischia to be the start of his rise in beqanna. His gaze flicks back to the mare who wore horns he has never seen before. She inquires where he comes from, and if he has heard of castes.

The feline tilts his head, he could spill his lengthy backstory in life, but claiming the nomad life seemed simpler. The spotted cat shifts back to his dapple equine form, standing much taller than the pale mare. I come from nowhere, a nomad you see, his gaze narrowing in, hoping she wouldn't catch his white lie. I vaguely recall castes, though I am not certain. Can you further explain? He asks with sincere interest, he finds the elderly mare comforting, a sense of comfort with her.

@[Jhene]
    Jhene is not a naturally suspicious creature. When the cat tilts its head rather than answer she only waits, her dark eyes blinking curiously.

When he suddenly becomes a grey horse instead of a tawny feline, she does let out a quiet huff of surprise. She takes a few steps away - not out of fear, but rather to allow for the much larger amount of space that the horse takes up. The ocelot had not been nearly so large.

Even is she had been suspicious, her own interested would have made her miss anything awry in the young stallion's explanation of his backstory. He asks about castes, and she's happy to explain.

"There's a caste for war and one for peace. Peace is diplomats, the horses that visit other kingdoms, fetch recruits, and greet newcomers. War is the defense and protection of the island. Mock battles, challenging enemies, stealing, and patrolling the borders are their main jobs. I suppose you could do both if you wanted." There aren't all that many of them, after all, and there are few duties to attend to here on the island.

There is a sudden pang of pain, and Jhene frowns. Was that...yes. A contraction.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling well all of a sudden. Why don't you explore the island for a while and I'll come find you in a bit? If you come across anyone, just tell them that Jhene invited you." She gives him a smile, and turns away, knowing what is coming.

ooc: so i'm killing of jhene but i didn't want to leave this thread hanging <3
    @[Lothar]