• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Family I Always Wanted [Wander]
    His alarm is… well, alarming. She backs up a step and ducks her head; she hadn’t meant the assumption to be painful to him but they all knew that Keeper kept to bear-shape more often than not and accidents could happen. “I’m sorry,” she murmurs, face still downcast as he pleads and explains and she begins to understand better. It had been a simple mistake; one that had lasting consequences as his wild eyes show.

Wander lifts her face back up to him, after reaching out to give him a sisterly brush of affection to the spot just below the scar. She smiles back, happy that there is no anger in his face at the fact that she got to flourish beneath father’s attention and he had not. It must have been fun to have Keeper raise him though! Fun, but hard. A bear is probably not the best mother to a colt but he looks as if he’s managed to do well for himself.

“Oh,” she manages a little sadly. What had that been like for him not to ever see father again? How horrible! She felt a hot rush of anger burn through her little apricot breast towards Mandan. He should have taken better care of his children! Wander was growing indignant and thinking of storming off to find her father and confront him about this older brother’s abandonment.

“He’s been pretty wrapped up in mama. They’ve been apart for some time but he found her again, or maybe she found him?” she hasn’t puzzled out the logistics of it. Just that theirs’ was the kind of love story that she hoped for. Without all the time apart, wandering lost and alone, yearning forever. Wander didn’t want that much of it, just the happy fairy tale of being in love. She’s too young to know that nothing - even love - is free of trials and tribulations. That’s just life.

“The Pampas for now,” she responds happily. The green of his hair reminds her of her favorite pair of eyes that belong to a handsome colt that also happens to be her best and only friend. “Where do you live?” Wander is genuinely curious since she’s never been anywhere else but there and now, here in the forest with him.

@[Clayton] sorry for the late reply! 

Messages In This Thread
    The Family I Always Wanted [Wander] - by Clayton - 12-30-2018, 05:58 PM
    RE: The Family I Always Wanted [Wander] - by wander - 01-18-2019, 03:59 PM