• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

wonder needs a plague baby
    hi guys! so wonder (pyxis x daemron daughter, lives in tephra) participated in the most recent quest and was eliminated, however one of the objectives was that your character ‘must come across at least one horse sick with the Plague that asks for their help, and must include why they choose not to help but rather to continue their quest’. SO in said quest, wonder stumbled across a dying little sick baby and tearfully left her behind with the promise to come back. for character building purposes, i’d love some closure there. i could just have her come back to a dead plague baby and be completely devastated by her choice, orrrr maybe someone has a sick baby character they want to throw into this role? wonder would try and bring her back home to tephra and find someone to heal her (and probably keep her forever :|). let me knowwww if you wanna play. i’m away for like a week probably though, so this wouldn’t be able to start immediately, most likely.

an excerpt from her post about the interaction -

She only makes it a few steps into the dark after the woman and those two children when a shape she had thought to be a small mound in the earth shifts and bleats softly at her. “Ohhh.” The sound is not a word at all, just a gasp of brokeness at what her eyes have already begun to unravel in the dark. A child who should be bigger than her, all sagging, broken skin over bones that seem too sharp, seem like blades trying to break through. Gaunt and sad and with eyes too dead and hollow to belong to anything still able to breathe.

Wonder is devastated, answering a second bleat from this sick, downed stranger by stepping closer to press her nose to the girls brow, sweep aside her forelock and breathe softly against skin that shouldn’t be so hot. She has never understood this until now, never understood the pain and the suffering, but she understands now.

“Don’t go.” That voice is brittle, all the life stripped violently from it. “I’m scared.”

It takes every single ounce of Wonders strength not to immediately lay down beside her, wrap her neck over those razor sharp withers and hold her so close. Someone else could bring back the stones for the fae, so many had gone. Wonder would be of more use here, wouldn’t she? But even as her eyes fill with tears she struggles valiantly to hold back, she knows it isn’t a risk she can take. If it was just herself, just her own life for this girl, she is sure she would make that choice. But it’s more than her, more than the two of them.
    “Please, help me.”

And Wonder is sure her heart must’ve died in her chest, ruptured and turned dark like a black hole, breaking all her ribs in the process because suddenly it hurts too much to breathe. “I’m not a healer,” Wonder whispers, those words like glass in her mouth, making her bleed all over them, “leaving is the only way I can help you, I promise. I’ll come find you as soon as I can.”

But this no is still a no, and the girl just blinks up at Wonder and then turns her face away, those hollow eyes even duller than before. “Please, wait for me.” Then with one last nudge against that fever-burned cheek, the chestnut girl turns away and disappears back into the night.