• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're all living in a devil town -- ᴀɴʏ
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

She has always been a whirlwind of chaos and secrets, hiding every part of herself from the outside, and spurring forth pandemonium when things were too quiet, or when she needed to deflect attention from herself. But she was still too young, too reckless, to actually be any good at any of it. Thus far she has only tampered with simple games; using her gift to pick out their weaknesses, or to push them to the brink of madness. It was amusing when they snapped at her. She wanted something bigger though, something to drag out a little longer. The universe had played right into her wanting hands, gifting her the confused Vulgaris. It had been easy enough, to start first with someone that had no memories; the snake-king was strong, but he was broken on the inside, and he ate up the lies that she fed him. She wasn’t trying to hurt him, per say. She just wanted to use him a little.

She hadn’t considered what would happen if he ever recovered his memories.

It didn’t take much prying into this one’s mind, though, to immediately see that she was outmatched. He hummed with an electricity that she has never encountered before, his thoughts almost seeming to be able to push her out. It was mildly irritating, but Starsin, while young, was not completely foolish. She would tread carefully, for now.

”Has Beqanna not always been unusual?” There is the question at the end, but the way it leaves her tongue is more of a statement. She hasn’t put much thought into what this place may have been like before she was born; two hundred years of history, as they rode the highs and lows of the waves of magic. She has been born during the highest of highs, and this is all she knows. He asks her what she does, and there is a short laugh – a sharp exhale of breath, though it is not mocking; it is still trill and silvery, her cobalt blue eyes flickering across his face. ”I do anything that keeps me entertained for any length of time.” She takes a step closer to him, her lips still tilted upwards in a smile that is too coquettish for one so young. ”My name is Starsin, by the way.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're all living in a devil town -- ᴀɴʏ - by Starsin - 01-19-2019, 05:07 AM