• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A silent escape; Corban, Any!
    Castaneis was careful and slow as he walked through the forest, his dark body almost fully blending in with the darkness of the forest, only his socks betraying his position. The young foal was still nervous, he had never left his mother like this before, he had promised to only use his magic when he was in need of it, but he had already failed to keep this promise, he had snuck away from the only safety he had, but he could forget about this now and worry about it later, his aim was to explore the forest, to explore new frontiers and conquer them as he went, although how he was going to do with alone he did not know.
    The small figure kept walking, his blue eyes darting around the dark palace of trees as he kept his pace quick, easing up on his nerves as he started to look around, he didn't feel safe but also did not feel like he was in danger quite yet. The small male now stopped at a small opening, his eyes drifting toward a small herd of roe deer grazing on what was left of the lush green grass, most of it was now covered in snow and being eaten away.
    The male wasn't particularly interested in disturbing the herd anyway, he changed direction and ran for the next clearing he saw.

The young colt was now quite far away from his mother, his fears and worries seeping out of him the further he went, even if he did get into trouble he could always just dart back to her, right?
    The male was quite sure of himself at this point, moving forward to see if he could find anyone to play with, or anyone to bother. 

( @[Corban] There we go! Sorry if its a bit short and sloppy, I tried to do Ruinam as fast as I could and then also get this guy done so I made it short for a starter, he'll also have his own html soon)
    Corban had recently discovered his talent to shift into a crow, this made it ten times easier to slip away from Sylva unnoticed. The equine in his bird form glided through the night sky, his black feathers gleamed with blue tints against the moon.

The midnight sky offered some protection, though the gentle blanket of snow did not help his black feathers blend in with the opposing forest floor. As he looks below from the sky his eyes catch a colt similar to his own age staring off in the distance.

Corban lifts his head to see a herd of deer, and when he looks back to the colt he see's him running. He quickly glided through the sky, allowing a chilling caw to pass his beak.

As the ebony colt finds himself in an opening Corban can't help but think its a silly place to stop. He glides from the air to the ground and as he nears the foret floor he slows his pace gently landing in the blanket of snow. Before the other colt he shifts from his bird form back to his green and white painted equine form. The two colts were similar in size, with a smile on his maw Corban introduces himself. Hey! I'm Corban, couldn't help but notice you there...whatre you doing out at night?

@[Castaneis]

The young colt now pays attention to a crow gliding down from the sky to the ground below, only to shift into a horse, at first he was surprised but quickly calmed as all these magical things were becoming normal to him. Castaneis stepped forward toward the stranger with a smile, listening to his curtate introduction as he halted close, the small colt nodded as he began to open his muzzle, introducing himself "My name is Castaneis, I am out exploring, night is my favourite time to be out" his introduction was mostly true, it only hid the fact that he had left his mother's side but he wasn't going to talk about this for now.

The stallion allowed a few moments to pass before he began speaking again "So what brings you here?" his eyes studying the attractive colour of the male as he spoke. He hadn't really encountered many horses with this kind of colour, especially since he hadn't even been out of the forest yet, he was still learning of the magic and beauty of it all, he himself trying to figure out what he was capable of doing, his magic weak and unstudied for the time being.

The small colt smiled again as he looked back up at the stallion awaiting his reply with intrigue, he was wondering of the stranger's origin and why they had ventured all the way out here.   @[Corban]
    The ebony colt before him seemed rather innocent, perhaps lacking the experience on being out about alone. Nothing wrong with that, Corban just had a lack of parental guidance in his life.

The cokt introduces hinself as Castaneis, a mouthful for sure, Corban quickly decided to give him the nickname Cast. He adds that he was just out exploring, and that nighttime was his favorite.

A small grin tugs at Corban's lips, he can't help but wonder if Cast has any traits. Corban freely explores at night because he can shift into a crow and fly away should danger appear, but it may not be as easy for a traitless horse. That's interesting , the only polite response he can think of.

A few moments passed before Cast spoke again, inquiring why Corban was out. He shrugs in response just to get a breather from Sylva, I like to scope out who is about at night. Though he is exploring at all hours, whenever he can escape really.

What kingdom do you live in? I can't pinpoint your scent. If Mary had taught him anything it was learning the other kingdom scents. It was one of the first detections of another, a notification if you're in danger or not.

@[Castaneis]

Castaneis listened closely as the seemingy friendly stallion spoke, his ears twisting and turning to pick up all the sounds of the forest, quite quickly the question of his origin came up, his mind looking for the answer as he opened his small snout slowly "My mother resides in the Silver Cove, but I was born here in the forest" he shoots a smile alost instantly after finishing his sentence, his stance tall and quiet.

Now they stood in serene silence, he himself was not fond of it but the night seemed to carry it as it came along, silencing all the calls and noise of the forest, the rustling of the trees coming to a halt as the breeze slowed, Cast's mane dropping down from the lack of wind, his black coat shining briefly as the clouds revealed the bright moon.

As they both stand in silence, the small black colt thinks about the mention of Sylva, his intrigue peaks and he cannot help himself with the information he was gathering already "Tell me more about Sylva, it sounds interesting" another lie formed in the closing of his sentence, he had no clue of where Sylva belonger or who resided there but he was still intrigued to find out, his eyes scuttling around the stallion as he waited for a response.

Castaneis
    @[Corban]
    He inquires Cast's kingdom, not that Sylva had any enemies (that he knew of). To add to the young colts curioud mind he admits his mother lives in the Silver Cove, but he was born here.

Corban tilts his head, though Mary taught him to refrain from pressing questions his curious mind could not hold back. Like she abandoned you here? Because you can come back to Sylva with me! His ears prick forward at the thought of a friend his age residing in Sylva. Perhaps he would not have to run away as much.

Corbans head turned as a gust of wind came, the chilling breeze reminding him to return home soon. His gaze returning back to Cast only when he hears him speak. The ebony colt inquires about Sylva and a smile tugs at his smokey maw.

Well...there aren't any foals...but there are a lot in Loess! Which is our neighboring kingdom that my sister lets me visit freely! His mind wanders to Dagen and Brazen, the siblings he quickly met in his visit to Loess. It is a rather quiet kingdom....for someone my age at least, it is pretty to look at in the fall. What else do you want to know?

Being a young foal he was not trained how to recruit, he wasn't sure what to share and what to leave out. So he shares all the details that come to mind, nothing too exciting.

@[Castaneis]

Castaneis almost frowned at the sudden mention of his mother, he began to stutter slightly before he could even answer him, perhaps he could still save himself in this moment, maybe his new friend would just assume he was lost and scared "Yes she left me while I was sleeping, I've no clue where to go, I would love to return with you" His lies only seem to deepen, the only thruth within was him wanting to visit this new kingdom that he had no idea about.

The young colt still listens closely as Corban describes the home he lives in "It sounds nice" he mentions with a smile, taking a playful stance with a smile as he regained confidence in his words. Soon after Corban had asked him if he had any questions, the small colt began shaking his head upon hearing the question "Not for now at least" his words were slanted and slightly unsure, he was extremely far away from his mother at this point, and now there was no going back.

The stallion was compltely commited to his quest, his small eyes peering over toward the dark forest, his frail body scurrying closer to his new friend "We should probably get moving soon, right?" even in his declaration there was still question, he still hoped his new companion would simply glance over his insecurity, merely assuming he was just a lost lamb looking for its mother.

Castaneis
    @[Corban] @[The Plague]
    @[Castaneis] rolled a six and is safe...for now.

@[Corban] rolled a 3 and is infected.
    A 5 means he is symptomatic.
    A 4 means he will not express a trait.