• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Icicle Isle
    Hi everybody,

Welcome to the public OOC discussion of ‘what the bleep to do with Icicle Isle’. I have no clue how to work it out IC before January 15th, which is our new, extended deadline due to the holiday season (thanks officers!), so here we are. I’ve DM’ed everyone individually but that’s not helping for a group discussion, and we probably all want to know everybody’s opinions.
    @[Officials are being tagged so they can keep track of this if they want to.

Nerine is the ruling kingdom in the North which means either Icicle Isle can be a Territory or it could be a herd (like Taiga, which is more or less a free-zone for everyone, but with one leader responsible for the well-being of the people living there).
    This probably depends on who gets to lead it? Or could be part of the negotiation process?

Long story short, there’s a few options I’d like to put out here for leaderships/combinations so everyone can consider. Everything seems to have some downside for me in one way or another, so feel free to react, reject, propose other things and I’ll try to keep this main post up to date.

Suggestions:
    A. Leilan proposes Jesper to rule because he is more ‘neutral’ (and diplomatic) than him and perhaps the others can accept him instead. For me this would kinda be giving up on the whole thing, but so far it is the best solution IC that I could think of. Or Jesper as an addition to Leilan, in co-ruling, idk if that would make Phasus feel secure/happy? Smile
    B. Phasus&Leilan try to co-rule (idk how exactly that would work, yet? Probably badly) and I don’t know if Nerine would accept this. To be honest I’d prefer stability over something that could easily ’explode’ IC at a later date so this is a big MAYBE on my part, but I wanted to put it out there nonetheless so as not to skip it immediately.
    C. ^could also be Jesper&Phasus, that may or may not be better
    C2. All three -> I foresee constant bickering there
    D. If Cam returns fully and Set does not, then probably Cam&Leilan could co-rule like they originally planned because Phasus is simply outnumbered, or Jesper&Cam. But this is heavily based on speculations of activity and I can’t estimate if both or one of you can return and be active, that’s for you to decide. It could also be an explosive situation IC, which at this point I kinda want to avoid.
    E. If Set returns fully and Camomila does not, Set should probably strike a deal with Breckin considering she leads Nerine, because I didn’t get the idea that he likes Leilan but let me know if I’m mistaken. Depending on the outcome of that, could be a tense situation or a more stable/neutral one.
    inactive so far
    F. We can let the officers decide like they planned to do. 
    G. We can post an IC vote (deadline to respond Sunday the 13th so we can count and decide if it’s herd/territory before the deadline).
    H. Or an OOC poll for other players, much like with COTY voting. rejected

In all cases, it could be helpful if we could provide the reasons OOC and/or IC why we’re (still) in the running? Idk if you want to though, I don’t think at this point that we absolutely need to since we have discussed this IC before, but maybe this could be helpful to outsiders reading this thing. I don’t mind either way.

If there’s any concerns about this thread or this post or if you have additions/ideas, I promise that I won’t bite (I live overseas so it’s too much effort to fly over anyway). Please just PM me. Please tag me if I need to update this post with a new idea or scratch something.

Love, and thanks for considering,
    Vanilla

@[Set @[Phasus @[Jesper @[Camomila
    Tags removed because of editing
    Hi all,

While we understand some OOC communication is required to sort stuff out, we'd prefer to steer clear of mass OOC things like this. If you need a group chat somewhere, feel free to start one, but generally speaking, this stuff should be *mostly* solved IC.

As a reminder, there are no rules to how you set up a land really, meaning you should be able to find a resolution. You can have more than two rulers. You can make a council. You can have two herds in one land. Someone can challenge or raid. Be creative! And even if it's a herd now, it can be a territory later.

If some contenders aren't posting, then they are out of the running until/if they return. You don't really need to consider people who aren't here and aren't on away. If they come back, then whatever IC drama unfolds will be great fun.
    I am happy to put up a starter in Icicle Isle that is open to everyone to post in-char and brainstorm.

<3
    I sent y'all a friend request on discord so we can do an ooc group chat there to work out some deets. Smile