• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    A gift for the ill - Sick horses
    The cold air blew lightly through her wavy ombré mane and tail. Her hooves crunched in the deep snow with each step, her eyes firm with her mind set on her mission and a flower held tenderly in her mouth by its stem. Camomila felt honored that the Fairies had granted her with a quest, a chance to prove herself to not only them, but to Nerine that she could help, that she could be of use to them. She would not stand idly by while the ill ones suffer and are threatened by Phasus and Set, or, if a war were to break out. 

But right now, her attempt to claim the Isle was put on hold. Her mission was to find three ill horses and give them part of the flower to eat until it’s gone. Then, and only then shall she return to the Mountain to see what else the Fairies will have her do. She didn’t know how far horses normally have to go to get their request granted, if at all, but she was patient. She would complete every task given to her for days, months, even years if she has to. Anything to satisfy the Fairies and help Nerine. She will do anything for Nerine.

@[Castile] and any horses that are sick :3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

There is a whispering - perhaps an uncharacteristically helpful fairy or the magics of Beqanna planting a gentle kiss to his forehead - of one who can grant wellness. The Primarch wastes no time in rising from the spot he had nestled in for a nap, plague exhaustion getting the better of him. He wobbles on spindly legs stripped of almost all muscle, emaciation taking a toll after a year of being sick.

Litotes has sacrificed so much for the East and his beloved Hyaline. He knows now he must answer this call, be healed soon, for his body cannot live another year disease-ridden.

Hyaline passes in a blur, mountains and valleys and endless amounts of water all melting together in greens and blues and browns. The tugging on his chest takes him north, through the tall trees of Taiga and the flatlands of Nerine. They both pass Hyaline did - dark and inconsequential.

The channel is what finally gives the cremello pause: bitterly cold water lapping at his hocks. For a minute or so he is lost in the memories of the fairies’ first quest - his first memory of Leilan, the water as it almost took him, Kagerus and Solace struggling against his side (this event being what Lie considers their trust solidifying).

He thinks not of the water when he eventually immerses himself into it. The swim is a struggle, but no different from harrowing journey from a year ago. Upon the shore he is called again, drawn to the flower-toting women like a predator to their prey. He can smell her, eyes drooping as he grows more exhausted by the second. The bright green of her coat is what finally snaps his eyes open. Lie’s topaz eyes widen in surprise, but quickly close in a pained cough. He smiles at her apologetically soon after.

“Do you know . . . do you know of any healers on the island?” Perhaps she can point him in the right direction.

Litotes
    Perhaps she shouldn’t have been quite as surprised by how quickly someone came searching for something to heal them. The Isle seemed to carry many sick ones. She’d seen the horrid effects caused by the illness going around, and it was even more disturbing seeing youths, expecting mares and elderly ones suffering from it. It always tugged at her heartstrings, which only made her desperation to help them grow. Finally, she had something that could help them. It would not cure them, but only strip away the painful side effects, as far as she knew. 

She smiled softly to the first one that approached her. “I know of no healers, unfortunately,” she replied rather sadly. “But I do have something that can help.” She added. Then, she extended her neck to offer one of the flower petals to the stallion, trying to speak around it, “Here, eat this. It won’t cure you, but it will at least ease your suffering. You must eat it all; leave nothing behind.” If he accepts, then that will be one petal down, two to go. Her eyes briefly scanned their surroundings, silently wondering if more would come. 

@[Litotes] I’m sorry for making you wait so long. I’ve been really sick >.<
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic