• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Initially, the girl showed spirit, the toss of her head reaffirmed in its boldness by the way the girl's ears press close to her skull. A skillful presentation of danger, Scorch thought, cocking a brow appreciatively; of course, the facade ends all too quickly, causing the lowering of said brow. But the laughter itself was no cause for eye-rolling or boredom; it started quietly, as if it might end there, before gradually expanding to fill the complete volume of the air surrounding them. Now again Scorch cocked her brow, sending small explosions of light and darkness into the air between them in the rhythm of her granddaughter's laughter, punctuating it just so until at last it finished.

I'm not sure Breckin even knows who I am yet.

Scorch gave pause at this, snorting incredulously; but the bitter smile lining the girl's lips spoke to the truth of the implication imbedded in her passive aggressive statement. So, her son was an infidel then; vehement rage filled Scorch right to her throat at the realization, the stub of her tail thrashing as though to snap at the unborn life growing between her sides. How dare he judge her, how dare he condemn her! For a moment, the neon green of her eyes flashed an enraged red; but the emotions passed fleetingly, and at the mention of Leilan not teaching her anything, Scorch could only laugh.

And, unsurprisingly, the sound of it mimicked Naia's. It was harsher, of course, smokier and charred in reference to the flames she had once been consumed by; but in general, its cadence and syncopation, and indeed its chaotic edges, sounded nearly identical to the girl's.

"Yeah," she said at last, in response to the girl's closing statement about her distaste for her father. "That doesn't fucking surprise me at all."

If she had second thoughts about swearing in front of a young girl, it did not show.

She rolled her shoulders, looked back out to the sea which mocked their need for escape with its ever-reaching horizon. "So, besides not liking my admittedly unlikeable son, what else do we have in common, chaos girl? Don't tell me you also got burnt to a crisp at the age of four, because I just plain won't believe you."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

"@[naia]"
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia - by Scorch - 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia - by Scorch - 02-05-2019, 12:04 AM