• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's gonna be a long night [litotes, any]

everything we are, it just went away
    with a slide of the tongue and a sour taste

Honestly, she had not expected to be noticed so quickly.

She only waits a few minutes – minutes that are painstakingly long – before a blue woman approaches. She shifts nervously as her blue eyes scrutinize the golden girl, waiting for the woman to come closer before she says anything. Lie is supposed to be here, too, she thinks, a touch of panic coloring her thoughts. She’s not entirely sure that she’s ready for a diplomatic trip on her own yet, and it takes everything in her to plant her hooves to the ground and stay.

“I’m Dawn,” she says politely, desperately trying not to stumble over her words. “I come from Silver Cove, in the east.” She feels herself relaxing as she speaks, and by the time the rose gold filly approaches, she has visibly relaxed enough to cock a hind hoof. She repeats her greeting to the younger girl, a smile touching her lips. It is perhaps unusual for a child to appear at a diplomatic meeting, but Dawn doesn’t mind. She is little more than a child herself, yet here she is.

Before she can say anything else, yet another approaches, this one a scaled roan stallion. Litotes is hot on his heels, and Dawn sighs in relief as he moves to stand beside her. “I’m Dawn,” she tells Leilan, nodding her head respectfully to the older stallion. Litotes is doing the most of the talking, however, and she just nods in agreement with him. “Solace still wanted me to visit Nerine,” she adds, “if nothing more than for the experience of visiting other kingdoms.” With the appearance of Litotes, her nervousness had seemingly melted away. “Is Breckin around?” It is not a prying question, simply one borne of curiosity. She’s never met another queen aside from her own, and her mother had always told her she was too curious for her own good.

Dawn

oh, it's gonna be a long night

clean.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's gonna be a long night [litotes, any] - by Dawn - 01-18-2019, 12:29 AM