• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd burn here if that's what it takes [magnus/any ill]

although this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
    we were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

Cress is a seasoned diplomat, is the first thing he thinks. It’s clear in the way that she holds herself and the way that she navigates an introduction without faltering. There’s something comforting about being around someone so practiced, and his lopsided grin is genuine and warm because of it. “I assure you not everything you’ve heard about me is true,” he says with a soft chuckle, but his ears perk slightly when she tells him more about her home. “Ah, I just visited Tiphon. I’m glad to know he has such good people to surround himself with.” Another roll of his shoulder. “My niece, Leliana, has been helping where she can, but she is,” his voice falls off as a frown touches his features. “She has a lot going on.”

It’s the simplest way to sum up what he knows about her chaotic life.

A woman who is not even his niece, not in the strict definition, but who he helped raise all the same.

“Regardless, we are thankful for the help. We have—” His voice breaks off here as confusion rolls across his features like a storm, his Beta walking up delirious and worn. Without hesitating, Magnus swings around, offering the boy the support of his shoulder, trying to bolster him the best that he can. He can feel the faintest brushes of magic as Cress begins to pour her healing into him and appreciation floods him. He turns his gold-flecked gaze to her. “The water,” he says. “He wants to lie in the water to cool down.”

Magnus is no healer. Has no way of knowing if it could help, but the boy’s skin runs feverish beneath his touch and worry pinches his face. “It’s going to be okay, Rhaegor.” His whiskey voice is steady as he stands near the boy, brushing a muzzle over his forehead to push aside his forelock in a paternal motion.

“It’s going to be okay.”

magnus

@[Rhaegor] @[Cress]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd burn here if that's what it takes [magnus/any ill] - by magnus - 01-16-2019, 01:25 AM