• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Firestarters always get the burns | Magnus

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She marvels in the new place, for a moment perhaps even forgetting he is there; though when she turns she has her smile ready for him. His humurous tone makes her grin in return, though she takes his little jest and finds the serious core that it has, to tease him with it. ”Yes, there’s next to no sulphur in the air here.”

She wanders about the grove some more, then slides back up to him, content to simply stand and be amazed for a while. The air is sweet and thick with the flowers, and with him as well - ashes and sulphur, butnotin such amounts that it overwhelms his natural scent. She muses about that for a moment; if it’s this place or if it’s because he frequents the common lands - but she stops analyzing him, listening to the tone of his voice before answering the question.

She carefully searches for the place, but finds that she knows all too well. ”There is one mountain pass you’d have to take. Kagerus and Solace walked me through it when I first arrived in Hyaline - it’s the view at the end, gradually expanding as you close in on it, that is most rewarding.” A pass through which a great overview of the lake could be seen, the wisteria’s on the other side blooming - oh but he’d better come on a summer day, she thinks.

Her amber eyes find his, though in her daydreams she sees - remembers - most everything, still in thought for a moment; comparing one paradise to another, she finds that she couldn’t choose. With a blink, she refocuses. ”If you have time to come by, please pick a sunny day. I’ll show you all the good viewpoints.” Then, she softly touches his neck with a chuckle, a small tease. ”The ones you can get to, at least.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[magnus]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

It ignites a joy in him, to share this moment, to share this place.

He relaxes into it, watching as she makes her way around the grove, smelling all of the various flowers and taking in the beauty of his homeland. At her returned tease, he crooked smile grows wider and he laughs. He knows the sulphur is a deterrent for others; he knows it’s even a reason for others to not consider it an option at all as a home, but he has long since gotten used to the bitter bite in the air.

Now, it’s just part of its charm—so much so that he barely even smells it anymore.

Regardless, he accepts the jest with a wicked, appreciative grin, flicking an ear toward her as she moves back to his side, talking of the mountain pass. “That sounds incredible,” he enthuses, thinking of his own short visit to Hyaline. “The kingdom has a special kind of beauty to it. I imagine that its breathtaking.”

Something of Hyaline reminded him of the Gates.

Something in its serene beauty—it’s purity.

He no longer feels called to such a home, but he appreciates it all the same.

“I’ll make sure I visit during good weather,” he promises, his eyes glittering at the tease. “Although the bad weather doesn’t affect you too much when you don’t take to the skies as a shortcut.” Another good natured jab as he pushes back at her own neck with the velvet of his nose, laughing under his breath.

“Thank you for the visit today, Ilma,” he says quietly. “It is nice to have friends again.”

It’s been so long since he’s had any that he could truly call his own.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[Ilma]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]