• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Firestarters always get the burns | Magnus

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

There are, of course, good things to find in any land. The volcano in itself reminds the white mare of the Hyaline she left; a place with the best views, soaring on the wind to find the light reflected on the lake calling her home. This mountain, however, has a light of it’s own, and if it weren’t for the ashes constantly greying her white coat, if it weren’t for the small particles and sulfur biting into her lungs if she breaths too deeply, this would be a good home for her, too.

But the beach might be better, indeed.

”I’d love to,” the sunlight-winged mare agrees. She offers the buckskin male a smile. ”I could visit some more if you need more time away. Wearing a crown is exhausting sometimes, I believe.” she tells him- at least, she knows how Kagerus feels confined, she remember Solace telling her that should something happen, could she please take over - as if perhaps they’d thought of running away. Now, Ilma was secretly glad that they both had stayed, so she did not have to. But she was well aware of the mountain of duty one could feel under the weight of a crown, by now. It came from standing so close to friends who did.

Looking to steer the subject away from politics, her orange-amber eyes meet with her friend from the Field. ”What else don’t I know about Tephra yet? I know the volcano is it’s most known structure, but I’m afraid I know no other secrets about this place. I’m sure you do, though.” He had lived here long enough to know all the secret spots, Ilma thinks. Perhaps, if she hadn’t moved to the Cove so recently, she could have showed him a few more beautiful spots of her own home. But she hadn’t discovered all of them yet - and the secret spots of Hyaline were tainted with memories she would not like to share with another male friend just yet.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[magnus]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Firestarters always get the burns | Magnus - by Ilma - 01-20-2019, 09:19 AM