• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where our broken hearts were born; birthing
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    She recognizes her so easily, the crying girl with the crooked smile. She tries to hold her heart in one piece but it just keeps shattering in her tired hands. How much longer will she insist on this chokehold? Khuma sighs as she slinks closer to her acquaintance. Her ears swivel forward to catch those forlorn words when they come tumbling out. Malca. Her niece. The serpent woman looks down at the newborn baby and sighs slowly from her nose. Children deserved better than this life.

Khuma gently bumps her nose against the other’s cheek and stands so their shoulders occasionally kiss whenever they inhale. “She’s a pretty little thing, Leliana. People will think her pitiable with that eye but that’s just how she’ll lure them in,”she mumbles softly before lowering her head to reach the baby’s level. Her face is kind like her mother’s and for a moment Khuma envies her. Anadil had been so beautiful but she inherited most of her father’s features – the stern eyes, the always frowning lips. She had wanted that whimsical laugh her mother had whenever she faked it (and she always faked it).

She is more barbed wire and broken up cement than all that. But there is a piece of her that wants to protect Leliana, wants to cradle her close and exact revenge on her brother. Maybe making him suffer would soothe the ache in her soul as well. Khuma leans over and begins to gently pluck and pull at the tangles in Leli’s mane. Salvage has been insistent on letting his locks go uncombed, proudly telling his mother that it made him ruggedly handsome.

You don’t smell like your lover. If he’s strayed too far I could always bring him to heel for you, she offers with a fleeting glance at the those kind eyes. Khuma briefly glances at the stranger but says nothing. Strangers are a thing to avoid in times like these, she thinks to herself. It is only the budding love she has for the winged mother that keeps her here for now.
    khuma.
    @[leliana]
    sorry i finished this right as i saw cress replied so i just kind of shoved in a mention of her. DDD:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where our broken hearts were born; birthing - by Khuma - 01-12-2019, 01:05 AM