• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Parenting sucks - it comes with self-loathing and not understanding how a perfect child still manages to grow up into something too similar to yourself; comes with sacrifices nobody warned you about to make. Briseis had carried his firstborn daughter, but the girl had been unintended - and he'd told her so. Hard. Because the only thing left to do was break the bond so completely, she would never again want to return to the home he'd ruined.

Of course, what he'd said wasn't entirely true, since he'd drawn Chryseis perhaps a picture of a mindless you woman. Had the dark mare resisted anything about his touch, embrace, he probably wouldn't have. But that's all too late now. And he won't regret cutting his daughter out however much it pains him; if that means she is happier, then so be it.

His sticking around in Nerine today has nothing, or everything, to do with it. He's not quite sure, and he doesn't want to think about it.

But then Briseis shows up; wholly round and pregnant (huh, would you look at that), but wholly devastated and broken. She's near him before he can blink more than twice, a reminder of the painful fact of Chryseis - but everything about her is wrong, so wrong. Her voice grows thick within a heartbeat, her eyes won't shine but with tears, and above all she looks even worse than when he'd first found her.

Casting every other thought aside, he stares at her a moment. "What's wrong?"

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece, Leilan - by Leilan - 01-13-2019, 07:04 AM