• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A not-long-not-short, normal BQ quiz:
    Ok, so what did you do this weekend?
    I played Pokemon Go yesterday. Today I had a mental breakdown about going to Walmart. :') Then hubby and I drove around aimlessly for like two hours.

Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    I'm terrible at this sort of stuff. It would probably be about dragons. Because I'm obsessed with dragons.

What are 3 things that you love about your own writing? Why?
    My writing is garbage and I hate it, so. I guess I love that I can get so deep within my characters' heads?

What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics) writing, and why?
    I just want to say that I am SO proud of how much Sid has developed as a writer since she got here. She has beautiful, layered characters that I just love to stalk.
    I could read Nev's posts all day long; all of her characters are so fleshed out and perfect ugh.

Getting more into the general: everyone has such wonderful characters. They've all got such rich histories and interesting storylines and there isn't a single person on here that isn't a beautiful writer.

What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    1. Learn to let go. Sometimes you just have to forget the world and get deep within your character.
    2. Read so many books! I learn new words all the time and I always make sure I have at least one book that I'm working on.
    3. Don't sweat the small stuff. You can only manage 200 words? So what? I'm sure they're beautiful and packed with information. Not every post needs to be a 1k+ word masterpiece and that's just fine.

Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    n e r v o u s

What is your favourite book of all time, or right now? Why?
    Even though the series may never be finished, A Song of Ice & Fire. GRRM created such a magical, expansive world and I can read them over and over.

What is your dream pet?
    More horses. Specifically, my heart horse.

What is your favourite BQ story right now? Like, plot or otherwise.
    Chrygor gives me all of the feelings tbh. I also love Leliana and Vulgaris's constantly evolving storyline.

Which character (your own) are you most proud of? Why?
    Tatter, hands down. He was delightfully evil and had such an amazing plotline surrounding him and his siblings. I don't think I'll ever create a character I loved quite so much.

Which character (your own) are you least proud of? Why?
    Mostly, the characters I'm having a hard time clicking with. Brink is this close to being closeted and I haven't been able to write Banish at all yet.

If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    I would be fine with this. More monitors to do things with.

If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    N O

What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    Probably a lot of shit talking about the rest of us mere mortals. Tongue

What is one thing about you that no one knows?
    I'm pansexual. I don't talk about it a lot.

What do you want to do when you grow up?
    I used to know, now I'm not so sure. At the moment, I want to be a vet tech. It's constantly changing.

Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    I love Universal Studios in the early fall. But I don't vacation a lot.

What is your favourite BQ trait and why?
    Magic or Equus Mutatio. I love the ability to do anything, become anything. It's so much creative freedom (and creative restrictions at the same time lol).

What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
    Um. They're all magical and beautiful. I recently realized Leilan was a Scortoni. :|

Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer.
    I'm bad at this.
    clarissa | cirilla | dawn | frenzy
    bewitched | chalkydri | folklore | paradox | phobia | sunset

Ok, so what did you do this weekend?
    I was supposed to let out my friend's dog on Saturday morning but we were expecting snow, so I went over friday night instead. I neded up getting snowed in until Saturday afternoon, and then I came home and repotted some plants. I wrote some posts, played the sims, and worked on my dog color genetics page

Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    No.

What are 3 things that you love about your own writing? Why?
    I don't get in my own head. Once I start writing a post, it's done in a half hour or I toss it.
    I'm really good at not using commas and making super long sentences.
    is that 3 yet

What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics) writing, and why?
    I love everyone's writing styles

What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    Don't be afraid to use details.
    Don't use your characters to play our your feelings toward other people
    Please someone write a horse in poetry form why is no one doing that

Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    also free

What is your favourite book of all time, or right now? Why?
    I reread the Harry Potter series at least once a year. I also love anything by Tamora Pierce.

What is your dream pet?
    a miniature alpaca

What is your favourite BQ story right now? Like, plot or otherwise.
    Probably Chrysor but it needs more sadness. Maybe a dead baby :|

Which character (your own) are you most proud of? Why?

Lepis. I'm proud of her development as a result of all the things i've put her through

Which character (your own) are you least proud of? Why?
    Also probably Lepis because I don't think I'm v good at capturing that she's not really a bitch, she's just v good at dissociating

If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    um

If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    no

What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    there's a list of all the mean things i want to say but don't :|

What is one thing about you that no one knows?
    Only 14 other people know this so it's basically secret, but I'm part of a project to create a new breed of dog and we just finished writing the standard and are working on the code of ethics now

What do you want to do when you grow up?
    i want to be a stay-at-home dog mom

Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    a beach with no one there but me. and also dogs.

What is your favourite BQ trait and why?
    i like all the single animal shapeshifters and the fun to be had with instincts and confusion and shifty stuff

Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer.
    what counts as a nice question? I dont know
    1. Ok, so what did you do this weekend?
     Yesterday, my wife and I FINALLY caught up with my mom to celebrate Christmas/New Year's and to catch up. We live an hour away from each other (we met half-way) and, it is like pulling teeth to coordinate our once-per-year get together. After lunch, we did some cleaning around the house, made dinner at home then, drove into the city for a surprise birthday party for a friend. Yes, he was surprised! Today, I worked but, it was painfully slow.

2. Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    Hmm, I have been contemplating putting a quest together. I have a couple of ideas. One of which would entail your horse navigating a series of escape rooms. Not sure if I would go psycho like the movie but, if players want to subject their chars to torture, that could be arranged with defects. Prizes would include a unique marking to all and a 1 or 0 space trait to the winner? I haven't hashed out all the details.

3. What are 3 things that you love about your own writing? Why?
    I love
    1. my use of language - color, texture, adjectives, etc. I try to paint as vivid of a picture as I can.
    2. how I incorporate what my chars are thinking/feeling. I try to convey emotion - and not just in speech or facial expressions. I try to incorporate my char's entire body language.
    3. my eagerness to throw chars into plots and meet new faces/face new challenges. It helps to constantly shape my chars and, helps both them and me grow.

4. What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics)  writing, and why?
    1. Humor. I love how each of your chars have quirks and I love how you convey their feelings/thoughts in your prose.
    2. Variety. Everyone focuses on something different when writing. Some choose to hone in on details of the scene or environment; some describe their char's world through that char's thoughts/opinions. No two posts are alike and all of your words keep me interested and yearning for more.
    3. Original. I love how each player makes their chars their own. Sure, you draw inspiration from other chars and places but, you make your char your own.

5. What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    1. Expand their language. Challenge yourself to use new words. Different words. Find synonyms. Use color.
    2. Use emotion. Convey it not just in thoughts or speech. Portray it in your char's behavior, body position, and mannerisms.
    3. Continue to grow. Do what you need to better develop your char. Put them into uncomfortable situations and help bring them to multi-dimensional life. 

6. Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    If it's free, I'm in!

7. What is your favourite book of all time, or right now? Why?
    The Harry Potter series. I can read it over and over again. I relive the magic each time. I can relate to all of the characters in one way or another. I love every facet of the storyline and feel everything J.K. Rowling's characters feel.

8. What is your dream pet?
    A horse trained to the level of Olympic dressage. Mare, gelding or stallion. Any color. Choreographed freestyle display of the horse and rider bond.

That or a dog trained using Harry Potter spells/phrases. I wonder which one is more likely, haha.

9. What is your favourite BQ story right now? Like, plot or otherwise.
    I am ashamed to say that I have not paid close attention to what is going on with other chars/in other lands.

10. Which character (your own) are you most proud of? Why?
    Jesper. Fully-fleshed out character with a lot of heart and a lot of spunk. Pretty much writes himself and is so much fun.

11. Which character (your own) are you least proud of? Why?
    Juice. I have not given him enough of my attention to develop him and help him grow.

12. If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    I see nothing wrong with a computer lab for writing posts . After all, this wonderful person wanted to build a home with everything I have ever wanted, right? I would, of course, be extremely and outwardly, grateful.

13. If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    Give lots of rounds of applause!

14. What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    A list. A naughty and nice list that sorts all BQ members.

15. What is one thing about you that no one knows?
    I am adopted and, it is the best thing that ever happened to my brother and I.

16. What do you want to do when you grow up?
    Manage and own my own horse farm so my horses can live as horses should live - without so much human interference.

17. Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    New Zealand. We went there o our honeymoon and it is amazing. Australia is pretty fantastic, as well though I wish we saw more of it.

18. What is your favourite BQ trait and why?
    I love any of the healing traits because they each come from a place of such love.

19. What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
    Hmm, perhaps not recent but, I really love Kagerus and her dream manipulation. I love how she can do so many things such as change her own appearance, bring a char from one place to another and, really stretch concepts/ideas to new levels. It is so creative.

20. Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer.
    Why isn't splash posting? Because splash is having fun answering this quiz!!
    Jesper | Juice | Velk