• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how much should we give [open]
    Iskender
    inherit star-spangled eyes, they send you down to war

There was nothing but darkness. His breathing was all he could hear for a few minutes. Then, his other senses began working again. The scents of snow and wet soil wafted toward him on a chilly breeze. His dark ears flicked forward and back, searching for something he might deem familiar. The black stallion began walking, slowly and carefully making his way toward an open area. 

Daylight came slowly, as if the planet was sluggish and unwillingly being roused from bed. As the light spread forward into the sky, Iskender stopped and took stock of what was around him. Some trees, which were in the distance behind him, were where he must have started. His mismatched eyes looked forward again, noting the trails through the snow. 

The conglomeration of scents told him that this was a popular area, or at least one that was passed through often. Nothing here really looked like the Gathering though, or any other place he might have deemed familiar. With a snort fluttering velvet nostrils, the brindle moved forward once more, wondering what else he might find here.

it ain't me, i ain't no military son
    male . 5 years . newcomer . wanderer
    Words: 183
    Tags: open

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa has roamed out of home again, a little stealth had been required, Litotes does look grim when she leaves home in her current state. Spring will come soon and free their child from her belly, and for now she continues about her business just the same as before, only with her unborn foals company to make long journeys less lonely.

Beqanna has changed her. When she'd arrived on these same grounds she'd been ordinary, rough cut pretty but plain in comparison to most of the natives. Now she is among the most lovely of them, sabino and gold marked over rich molten chocolate chestnut. In early morning she turns her blazed face, freckled in gold, toward the fresh sunlight. A stranger is walking slowly into the field, and she does not hesitate long to leave the half-cover of the naked trees to get a closer look at him.

Her greeting is a direct but warm ”Hello. My name is Kensa.” echoing a million such greetings that have been given in this place over the centuries. She would not say the stranger looks lost or confused but she can guess that at least this well trafficked corner of Beqanna is unfamiliar to him and so she stops a polite distance away. ”I've just come down from Hyaline. Where are you from?” or going? Though that seems a little rude to ask, even if she is just genuine and charming enough to make such questions non abrasive.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Iskender] Sorry, phone post.
    Iskender

The sun continued to climb in the sky, gently warming the sullen ground with its rays. The colors reflecting in the atmosphere were, in fact, quite pretty. Iskender had to wonder when was the last time he had taken the time to simply watch the day unfold in its natural brilliance. The stallion twitched the length of his gulastra-marked tail, beginning in black and ending in an alabaster shade. The thought left his mind, only to be replaced with curiosity.

Someone was approaching.

His eyes, individually emerald and cobalt, washed over the approaching figure. She was painted in a rich chocolate red color, marked with sabino and gold. Her abdomen was a burgeoning round shape, much too pronounced to simply be heavy from lack of exercise. She was with child. Iskender wondered why she would wander from home rather to keep within the borders of safety.

She greeted him in a friendly way, calling herself Kensa. It was a pretty name and suited her wonderfully. The black male nodded his head in her direction, acknowledging her politely. She stopped some distance away, for safety and the sake of manners, he expected. Kensa states that she's come from Hyaline, which is not a place or landmark that the brindle was at all familiar with.

"I'm from somewhere called Ashen in a world called Kormada...and I'm guessing we are nowhere near there." This was said in normal tones, laced with a friendly sort of sarcasm. He had to wonder how he got there and assume that there was no way for him to go home. Not that there was much of a home to go back to.

Words: 275
    Tags: open - @Kensa

Her smile stretched into something more genuine as the dark stallion responded in friendly enough tones to her greeting. Kensa is always eager to make a new friend, or recruit one if they were interested. She does have a territory to care for after all, and Hyaline has been quiet since the plague caused a shift in the population centers on the continent.

“I see. No I don’t think we are anywhere near there. You have not come to Beqanna on purpose then.” She states, rather than asks. It’s the opposite of her own tale, her arrival had been intentional. A small concerned wrinkle above her eyes accompanies the question she does ask. “Do you need to go back there?”

If Kensa one day found herself somewhere other than her home she would certainly be distressed and need urgently to return home to those dear to her. Besides, she could never be parted from her first love--those bright and beautiful mountains that even now call to her with their snowy peaks and deep clear lake.

The stallion seems to be only mildly curious about his being in a strange land. She would try to help if he did want to get home, of course, though she has never heard of the place he comes from and would not know from which corner of Beqanna he ought to start swimming. The gilded sabino woman does home he will want to stay, even if he does not end up being interested in settling in Hyaline.

“Beqanna is a very beautiful place with many people who would be happy to know you… A pause and a tilt of her head. “I’m sorry. I didn’t ask for your name?” Her topaz eyes flick over his features in a quick way, half expecting another taste of sarcasm.

kensa

@[Iskender]
    Iskender

The maiden confirmed his suspicions of being far from home. She calls this place Beqanna, and his dark ears twist forward in curiosity. Kensa asks if he needs to go back. This was something he needed to consider. His father had been gone for some time, and his mother might as well be, too. He had some living family, siblings he wanted to be around and help. Iskender had to assume that if the fates were willing, they would be reunited in time.

"No...I suppose not. I suppose I'll see my siblings again, one way or another."

The stallion shifted his weight from one hip to the other, resting casually now. He was curious about this new place, but he supposed that if things were different back home that he would be desperate to go back. How often do one really get sent to an entirely new place though? Kensa says that many would want to meet him here and then realizes that she hasn't asked his name. A chuckle rumbles in his chest and throat in a good natured way.

"I'm Iskender."

Words: 180
    Tags: open - @Kensa

The chestnut mare had left behind a great many siblings herself, and understands the hope to see family again. ”We can hope they will make their way here much as you did.” Kensa replies encouragingly, it has happened before. She bobs her head, tossing her forelock off of her gold-freckled blaze. “Iskender, welcome to the field.” A smile, fleeting and pleasant flashed across her features

“Most horses I meet here are looking for a place to make a home. You may still be getting your bearings but I would welcome you in Hyaline, my home. Even if you just want to stay until you know your way around.” When she had first come here she had meant only to go and take a look at Hyaline...and had never wanted to leave. The mountains had become a part of her soul, and now they are hers and she can freely offer them as a home to another. She looks off towards them with pride, their snow capped peaks reaching high into the blue sky in the distance.

kensa

@[Iskender]