• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Sochi is here, quietly congratulating him with a nibble at the corner of his mouth. Naturally, Castile smiles as he basks in her muted adoration. Their dynamic is different from what he has experienced before. Even as she arrives immediately to his side, she doesn’t clasp shackles around his ankles or fold into him, hungry for power. Her eyes – intense in the way of a predator – glimmer up at him and draw him to again close the space and tousle her forelock. There’s a fleeting moment of intimacy as they revel in his victory, but it ends abruptly with the groaning of trees behind them and heavy footsteps.

Castile surprises even himself when his body doesn’t immediately lurch back into its previous vessel to confront the opposing dragon. Adrenaline pours through him, quickening his heart, and yet he doesn’t lash back out. Instead, he listens. His mismatched eyes narrow in calculated scrutiny, but there’s also an underlying sense of respect and admiration.

No one accompanies her.

There is Sochi and him. Tiphon remains tucked in the trees mulling over his wounds in silence, and no one seemingly acknowledges the girl’s challenge. He blinks and inclines his head to peer up at her, finding it strange to be so small in comparison for once. ”I just did,” he drawls with a shrug, ”Tiphon, my great grandfather, handed it over.” The title tastes bitter, but he utilizes it in this situation with a casual tone to support his victory. ”Everyone can stay. I’m not opposed to it,” to what use will the families be to the island, he briefly wonders as he climbs his gaze back up to her reptilian face. ”You definitely fit in here. Your… fire… will be perfect for the island.” His island, he doesn’t say, as he settles back comfortably.

castile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Castile - 01-18-2019, 09:21 PM