• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    Tiphon has since hung back and waited for his wounds to mend. Magic twists into his veins and seeps into his muscles. By the time the herdland rallies, his cuts have stitched themselves together and he joins them as one piece, no longer battered and defeated.

Initially, he anticipated them to stand behind him as he has been their leader, but they do not.
    Instead, they speak poorly of him – if he does not have the balls to lead them? Really? – and grope for the power that has already been obtained. It isn’t free for the taking as they seem to assume. Suddenly, the members surge from the shadows as the cacophonous yells penetrate the salty air. Agitation blooms within his chest as he emerges from the palms to finally join them after having heard enough of their ramble. His eyes immediately dart to Wallace with disdain. ”You,” he snaps as the space closes between them, ”You said in our last discussion that you and your family have no intention to stay here - that Ischia is where you belong, not here. So go, Wallace. You’ve forfeited. You spoke for yourself and your entire family. You planned to leave me alone on this island because last I checked,” and his eyes scrape roughly across the faces now, ”this was MY island. MY sanctuary that I laid claim to and allowed you to live within.” He is snarling now, a look of brutish rage that hasn’t painted his face in decades.

Suddenly, they are opposing him.
    Now, they’ve lost their respect in his eyes.

”Additionally,” he licks his lips in a pseudo-thought, acting as though he has to reflect back when in fact the memory is at the forefront of his mind, burning, ”when I called for the entire herd – a damn meeting – NONE of you showed, except for Cress. Not a damned one, so don’t even try to lay a claim on what has been mine when you’ve all had minimal interest.” And much to his appreciation and relief, at least Cress stands behind him when everyone else stunted him, suddenly saw him as inept when they’ve done nothing for the island.

Tiphon decidedly takes at place alongside Castile as well, noting the arrival of his father, Lior, and the young woman with the iridescent blaze. ”This island, I claimed. This island, I decided to make a sanctuary. This island, I allowed you all to remain. If you don’t like the changes, then you may leave just as Wallace planned to do. Expedite your plan, Wallace. Do as you said and take your family back to Ischia if this is how it’s going to be.” His molten eyes glance first to Castile then to Cress then to the lavender family. ”He has agreed to keep this as a sanctuary. He has not kicked anyone out. He has not changed anything and yet it’s you all that are calling him a brute and wanting to attack. He’s done nothing except won the Resort.” When his head shakes in disappointment – both in himself and Wallace’s clan (and the random phoenix that doesn’t even live here) – his gilded locks dance like silk against a porcelain backdrop. ”This will remain a sanctuary. If he does anything to change that, to endanger this island, then we can revisit dethroning him. Island Resort is his, for now.”

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Tiphon - 01-21-2019, 12:10 PM