• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Even in the face of opposition, Castile does not flinch. His mismatched eyes roll curiously across the faces as they emerge from the shadows like cockroaches. ”Always an amusing thing to see,” their scents, though present, were fading on the breeze and replaced by the recent congregational party. In a clear display of disinterest, he yawns, but his expression brightens substantially upon seeing his father take his side. ”Thanks for taking my invite,” he drawls with a lopsided grin, savoring the simple fact their family is coming together again, just as it had been during their time in Nerine.

But alas, the happiness and relief of reuniting is forced aside to address the more pressing matters.

He, admittedly, is shocked to see Tiphon healed and stepping to join him. A sudden change of diplomacy is worth scrutinizing, but he assumes it’s attributed to how quickly the lavender family jumped ship to claim the island for themselves versus standing behind the man that had willingly provided them a home when Ischia couldn’t be their resting place any longer. Plus, the angel claims they are kin. With these interesting circumstances, he finds his surprise quickly dissipating.

Castile has spoken minimally, but has closely listened and noted a number of things. He is prepared to fight, if necessary, but his preference is for everything to settle down. As a shrug ripples through his shoulders, he can’t help but sideways remarks, ”It doesn’t seem like much of a takeover based on how absent and unhelpful you’ve been here.” A throaty chuckle escapes him, a raw and unexpected noise admit the tension. ”As as aforementioned, I’ve not kicked anyone out, but it seems like Tiphon has.” He looks over to Cress, one of the few that take a stance of reason versus aggression. ”I’ll continue this as a sanctuary. It’ll remain a place for families. That has not, and will not, change.” It had been his intention to take this from Tiphon’s hands, but his further plans were peaceful. Those that considered this home would remain welcome to stay, but he’s questioning it now with the mistrust and mutinous ways of the lavender family – and again, random phoenix girl whose scent is just as faint – because if they are so quick to turn on Tiphon and grope for his crown, then what would stop them from trying again?

With a quick glance to the angel, he mutters, ”Quite the group you have here,” but the statement is responded with a disapproving grunt and frown. Flickering his stern gaze to the warmongering group, he simply asks, ”Who is the head of your family? Little dragon girl or… Wallace?” He captured her name during the rage spewing from Tiphon’s mouth. Interesting. All of this is so interesting. With a continued effort to elude aggression, he asks, ”I’d like to chat with the head of your family.” He can feel Sochi’s eyes on him, but he spares her hardly a glance until Reia scrambles out and joins them. Quietly, he observes their daughter as she takes to her mother. With one of his own children here, he still pressures and pushes for a quieter conclusion but is prepared to escalate things for her own safety.

castile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Castile - 01-21-2019, 01:34 PM