• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The road is long, but it always unwinds // Warlight
    His mother and brother were wanderers from the day their eyes met the sun. Blessed or cursed to travel from one adventure to the next, never growing roots in any one place. Raul was different. He had traveled because that was what was called of him growing up, wandering because it was necessary. But it didn't fill him with relief and excitement every time he landed in a new location, not like it did his twin. 

Perhaps it was the lack of wings. Maybe it was a trick of his blood that made him seek stability where others found chaos. All he knew was that he wanted a home, and the peace that came with it, and that he felt he was coming close to finding it. Ischia had been a test of sorts. An experiment, to see if his childhood realm still felt right. It hadn't. Not in the way he'd been hoping it would. He'd enjoyed visiting with his uncle, of course, and the warmth of the island, but it didn't feel like roots to him. To much like memory, and not enough like the future. 

It was sad but satisfying to leave the humid kingdom, with its aquatic residents still ensconced happily. But he had promises to keep, and a longing in his heart to see another familiar face. He'd anticipated a long trek across the continent before his goal was met. Instead, he found himself spotting the familiar branching antlers merely half a day after returning to the mainland. Volcanic sand sifted underfoot as he picked up his pace, a light breeze trailing in his wake as he made his way nearer. Warm pools of mineral rich water dotted the landscape, filling the air with steam and blurring the verdant landscape into a watercolor scene. 

"Warlight!" He growled warmly once he was close enough not to shout. A man of few words, his eyes lit up once they fell on her lovely face, expressing joy in every line of his face. She looked well enough, worn about the edges, but whole. His head tilted to one side quizzically as he looked at their surroundings, half- expecting to find others nearby. The trip to the Taiga had involved a team, and he found it hard to believe that she would be on a political mission without backup. 

Dipping his muzzle to brush against her brow, he held there a moment to feel the heat radiating from her skin. "You're unwell, still." He commented, concerned. Shaking his head, he drew back far enough to fix her in a penetrating stare. He didn't presume to have any right in telling her what she should and shouldn't do with her life. Yet he couldn't understand why she hadn't seen a healer yet, someone who could repair her completely. She would when she was ready, he supposed, and wished that event sooner rather than later. 

Still bemused, he shrugged, then stepped cautiously forward until he could curve his neck around to embrace her. It was an uncertain, unpracticed motion. A little stiff, even. It felt good, though, to hold her. She was a steadiness he had felt lost without. Gods knew his sleep had been spotty at best this trip, without being able to wake up and find her warm body within reach when the dreams got too bad. Against the dark fall of her mane he felt safer, softer. She eased a pain within him he hardly recognized until it was gone. 

Breaking away as quickly as he'd initiated the contact, the young stallion looked away, a bit embarrassed. "Missed you," he admitted gruffly. Then chuckled softly, looking back at her with a mischievous gleam in his mercury-and-sky eyes. "Clayton give any trouble while I was gone?" His blood red maw curled into an easy, lopsided grin. Any trouble given, and he knew Warlight could give it back in equal measure, no matter who the culprit was. She was beautiful that way. 

@[Warlight]
    Warlight

Warlight didn't consider herself a wanderer but wander she did. Her restless subconscious had been a big part of her more interesting life moments. Moments like the one which leads her to Raul... and murder. But she was learning to take the good with the bad, though some days were better than others, and if the Dark God gave her the option she would do it all again.

The spiced wind tangles her mane, salty and matted, it never stopped here so close to the ocean and she lets her thoughts speculate about it's origins. With a full belly and sun-burnt nose she was starting to understand why Rhae loved this place and the life it offered him, although she still insisted it was not for her. She is too absorbed in her own thoughts to turn her attention to the distant sounds of a stranger across the grassland. Muted footfalls in this busy country was nothing unusual, but the rough grit of her name on his lips is. 

Warlight turns her lightly dished face in its direction and she doesn't bother to hide her surprise or happiness at seeing him in her Rhae's homeland. 

"Hey, Raul!" She calls as she helps him to close what little space there is left between them. "I teleported over a few days ago to visit my brother," she replies to the question she sees looming in his eyes as he checks their surroundings. They had spent enough time together while he was mute for her to feel she read him pretty well with or without words. 

So she isn't surprised when his first verbal question is about her deteriorating health. 

"I will be until I find a real  healer," she quips, the cheeky grin and nip to his chest hopefully taking any venom out of her words. But she didn't want to talk about it. He made her forget that she was miserable - battling a weakness in her bones and fighting for breath - and she loved him for it.

His lips run across her brow and her motion stops for a moment under his touch. He, with his quiet strength and soulful eyes, was too good at subduing her, and Will all too readily allows herself to melt into his embrace. She leans in, savoring the skin-to-skin contact for a moment without words wondering why they didn't do this more often. "I missed you too."

But the moment ends, and she lifts her antlered head to meet his eyes on their level as he asks about Clayton. "I didn't think you were the jealous type," she replies, fighting the urge to snake out her muzzle and nip him again.  

Instead, she steps forward to align their sides, resting her shoulder against is own and she relaxes into one hip.  "I was thinking about leaving today or tomorrow though, if you would like to travel back -the old fashioned way with me." She probably could use her gift to catapult them across the continent at the speed of light, especially with a dose of his own magic beforehand, but she hopes he takes her up on her more conventional offer. The thought of spending a few days walking across Beqanna alone gives her the kind of thrill she loves to chase.

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

@[Raul]
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]
    The stocky buckskin snorted at her comment, eyes rolling. The disgruntled actions were belayed by the grin lifting his face. He couldn't help it. Having found Warlight had improved his mood exponentially, he couldn't have stopped smiling if he'd wanted to. She was right, of course. A proper healer was the only way she'd really get better. For now, he let a trickle of power flow between their skins, a mere touch of aid. The light sting of her teeth against his chest lingered as they spoke. 

When she said that she'd missed him as well, his heart tripped a beat. She broke away, leaving him feeling warm around the ears, but not missing the flare in her eyes. Tilting his head in wonder, his head shook lightly, taking another glance at their surroundings as he did. "You could make the stars jealous, Warlight." He commented, smile fading with the seriousness of his sentiment. Still, it wasn't jealously as much as curiosity that had spurred his question. 

Feeling her tuck her lean body into him, he let his body match the curve of hers, a wall of muscle intent on holding her close. He'd been planning on making his way back to the Silver Cove already. A few days journey with her would make that trip something more than a series of sun rises and sets. Absently, he ran his lips along her crest, stroking the ink dark hair away from her neck, absorbing her scent deep into his memory. Here, on the rugged terrain of a country he'd never been to, holding his midnight beauty close. It was something he wanted to remember always. 

"My business is done in these parts. I'd love to accompany you." He touched the fine dark hairs at the back of her head, just behind the bony spikes of her crown. Just as lightly, he opened his maw to grip the skin there, a feathery light impression where his teeth touched her. "But I warn you, if you bite me again, Miss Warlight, I'm going to have to bite you back." He whispered huskily just behind her ear. The breeze at his heels intensified for a moment, whipping the fire of his hair into little witch knots to twist against hers. Fire against the night sky. 

@[Warlight]
    Warlight

Soul as sweet as blood red jam

When he agrees to head back east with her a thrum of excitement sends a shiver across the places his mouth is gently exploring, and she doesn't try to hide it. The thought to ask after his family crosses her mind as he says his business is done here, but she doesn't want to risk saying anything which could cause him to pull away.  There would be planting of time for talking later. For now, she wanted nothing more than to find what was at the end of the particular thread of communication they had picked up. 

They have been close before, slept together huddled for warmth on many nights, but this is different. There is intention in the way he runs his lips along her hairline and confidence in the way she reciprocates by leaning into his every touch.  

The stallion's teeth close on the delicate skin below her antlers and the simmering feeling surge. She grows lightheaded in a way that reminds her of the moments before a fight, and a back hoof snaps against the volcanic loam. But the blood-and-bone princess does not pull away. The feelings in her belly were hot and demanding, but there is a dancers edge to her movements. She is not naive enough to mistake the feelings for something different than what they are though. She had grown up around enough flirtation to understand that at least.

"If you make a threat you better be able to carry it out," she hums sweetly, her midnight eyes half-lidded against the brilliant afternoon sun. Taking a step back, she slides her side along his own so they stand shoulder-to-shoulder, flank-to-flank. Her muzzle runs along the soft places of his throat, lower over the crimson bands until it falls to rest on the mounds of his well-formed chest. Her gaze lifts, looking to see if he is anticipating what surely knows is coming before her teeth pull hair from skin and she spins away with a light squeal. Tail high and antlers lowered, Warlight smiles a smile that dares him closer.  

"You talk a big game, stud. Let's see what you got."

@[Raul] Is this smut or is this a mock?? nobody knows XD
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]
    raul —

The ambient temperature seemed to skyrocket, and it wasn't clear if the source was the volcanic earth beneath their feet or the sudden violent thudding of his heart. Mouth dry, he growled low in his throat at her challenge, the whirling hues of his mismatched eyes deepening as she slid against him. An unfamiliar but not unpleasant sensation coiled in his gut. 

The hairs along his spine stood on end as her mouth explored the planes of his neck and chest. Every light touch and graze served to stoke him higher, and he watched with hooded eyes as hers flicked upward with an overt dare. 

It was not a hard bite, hardly more than a scraping of teeth against the muscle of his chest. Still, a wicked grin painted itself across his lips. All around them an erratic gale spun up, a wall of driving air that would make her running away a short venture. Shaking the brilliant flame of his mane away from his face, Raul stepped closer at a leisurely pace.

"Darlin', I figured you'd know that about me by now. When I make a promise, I keep it." 

He moved closer still, pressing his chest into her shoulder and blowing a hot breath into her mane. With a quick action, his head dropped to the curve of her rump and he sank his own teeth into the muscle there. It was harder than she'd bitten him, sharp enough to draw a squeal from her lips but no blood from her skin. 

A flicker of remorse passed through his mind when he realized she would likely have a bruise there the next day, but it was short lived. The primitive piece of his mind, the draconic bit, gave a thrum of pleasure at the thought. She would remember this tomorrow, remember his teeth against her ass, remember his weight and his scent. A second bite was placed deliberately opposite the first, his tongue sweeping across the new markings to sooth away some of the sting. 

His muzzle trailed to the end of her spine, where he laid a soft kiss at the base of her tail. She was an intoxicating revelation. A prayer on the battlefield. The coiling heat in his belly had trancended into an ironclad need that throbbed to be inside her. She was his companion in arms, his best friend. It only felt right that now she was the one he held close. 

"Tell me you want this. I want to hear that you need me inside you." He rasped, eyes fixed on her face with hot need burning in them. He wanted her more than damn near anything right now, but it wouldn't come at the cost of her well being. He wanted her to need him as badly as he needed her, and, gods help him, he wouldn't accept anything less as her lover. 

like the wind to a flame, I'll blow you higher

@[Warlight] so now would probably be a good time to add a Mature tag? <3