• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The road is long, but it always unwinds // Warlight
    Warlight

Warlight didn't consider herself a wanderer but wander she did. Her restless subconscious had been a big part of her more interesting life moments. Moments like the one which leads her to Raul... and murder. But she was learning to take the good with the bad, though some days were better than others, and if the Dark God gave her the option she would do it all again.

The spiced wind tangles her mane, salty and matted, it never stopped here so close to the ocean and she lets her thoughts speculate about it's origins. With a full belly and sun-burnt nose she was starting to understand why Rhae loved this place and the life it offered him, although she still insisted it was not for her. She is too absorbed in her own thoughts to turn her attention to the distant sounds of a stranger across the grassland. Muted footfalls in this busy country was nothing unusual, but the rough grit of her name on his lips is. 

Warlight turns her lightly dished face in its direction and she doesn't bother to hide her surprise or happiness at seeing him in her Rhae's homeland. 

"Hey, Raul!" She calls as she helps him to close what little space there is left between them. "I teleported over a few days ago to visit my brother," she replies to the question she sees looming in his eyes as he checks their surroundings. They had spent enough time together while he was mute for her to feel she read him pretty well with or without words. 

So she isn't surprised when his first verbal question is about her deteriorating health. 

"I will be until I find a real  healer," she quips, the cheeky grin and nip to his chest hopefully taking any venom out of her words. But she didn't want to talk about it. He made her forget that she was miserable - battling a weakness in her bones and fighting for breath - and she loved him for it.

His lips run across her brow and her motion stops for a moment under his touch. He, with his quiet strength and soulful eyes, was too good at subduing her, and Will all too readily allows herself to melt into his embrace. She leans in, savoring the skin-to-skin contact for a moment without words wondering why they didn't do this more often. "I missed you too."

But the moment ends, and she lifts her antlered head to meet his eyes on their level as he asks about Clayton. "I didn't think you were the jealous type," she replies, fighting the urge to snake out her muzzle and nip him again.  

Instead, she steps forward to align their sides, resting her shoulder against is own and she relaxes into one hip.  "I was thinking about leaving today or tomorrow though, if you would like to travel back -the old fashioned way with me." She probably could use her gift to catapult them across the continent at the speed of light, especially with a dose of his own magic beforehand, but she hopes he takes her up on her more conventional offer. The thought of spending a few days walking across Beqanna alone gives her the kind of thrill she loves to chase.

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

@[Raul]
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The road is long, but it always unwinds // Warlight - by Warlight - 01-26-2019, 06:11 AM