• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery. Any!
    Anninux

The deep scar in her side aches as she moves past the borders of the field, her deep blue eyes focused on arriving in one piece. Perhaps her child was lost here somewhere, the malicious thought of abandonment never crossing her mind, she did not dare think of the possibilities of where the little colt could be. 
    The torn mother halts silently in the middle of a delicate opening, her hooves sink into the foul sleet below, her hocks covered in the mud that lurked below the surface of white dust. You will see another day, At least make sure you do, or I will be disappointed, Sinner is back in her brain, torturing her with what he had said the last time she was in the meadow, falling to her knees, begging him for mercy. But you are mine. Remember that, little mare. The demon haunts her each day, causing her to fall into a state of panic. Anninux shakes her head, her eyes focused on the lush expanse of rolling hills and small trees decorating their humps. She could not focus on Sinner for the moment, she had to stay focused on her small baby.

Anninux moves away from the centre now, she felt like she had to keep moving if she was to find her child, if that was even a possibility anymore. 
    She had to face the facts, Castaneis was either no longer alive or in hiding, but why would such a small being run from his mother, abandoning her and leaving her with nothing at all. The mare tensed slightly as a breeze swept against her coat violently, brushing past the large scar that decorated her shoulder in large length. It had been so long since she had seen her child, his sweet image filling her mind, his melodic voice sweeping through her centre as she halted once more, she needed courage to keep going, something she lacked for now. 

The coal-black mare is still highly alert, the thought of Sinner lurking around caused her body to tense, not allowing herself to let her guard down, but she was also terribly hungry, the continuous searching for her child had caused her to fall into a malnourished state once again, she was keeping herself alive, solely for the purpose of finding her lost child, it was the only purpose she cared for and promised herself to fulfil. 
    The black mare halts once again, she needs to eat if she wants to continue further. Her black snout burrows deep into the snow, displacing it as it shuffles around, smaller particles melting down as she sweeps the snow in search of food, her eyes closed for the moment as she begins to rest.

— those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery —

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    What was it, that kept him running into black mares with an even more hopeless dark look in their eyes?

One was now the mother of a child - adult now - that he’d given everything he could; and who was probably better off without him intervening in her life again. Another, still shifty but someone who seemed to be returning to life. Briseis again, later, raped - the very word a stain on her, she did not deserve to have these children that she had not really wanted. Now this sight - a skinny, dull black mare looking entirely lost.

Of course, he’s only in the Field because he didn’t feel like returning home yet. Something about going to the mountain gave him a need to reflect, a time away. Not too long though; he should get back home, people would notice his absence.

But grazing had been a good excuse while he was here. To fill up his stomach before going back; the spring grass was plenty here and he didn’t feel like taking the few grasses at the Isle if that meant others could have meal there, like Nalia who was on the brink of giving birth.

Then again, even with all this grass around, eating was hard and he was half-tempted to run back up the Mountain. Maybe if he could do something useful to help with the plague they might help him get a normal set of teeth again.

But now his eyes fell on the mare, and lingered a little longer. She looked like she needed some help. He just hoped his appearance wasn’t too frightening. Like it had frightened Willa. Damned scales and teeth.

He calmly approaches - openly, not too fancy (who’s he kidding, he’s too shiny for that). At some distance, he studies her face some more, then nickers at her before addressing her. ”Can I help you?”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Anninux]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Anninux

The coal-black mare is still still and silent as she stands stagnant, her stature only moving in correction to the wind as it passes her, the warm caress comforting her slightly. She is still in a state of panic, the constant fear that Sinner may appear, a fear that lukred deep inside, only becoming bolder as she thought of Castaneis, in reality the small colt had joined them, her worst fear was accompanied by her only child, a child she loved with everything she had.

She is not alone on this warm evening, the sun slowly fading each second, disappearing into the dark of the trees, she can smell another, someone lurking nearby, but it was not Sinner.
    She would know if it was, or perhaps she did not know, she had the feeling that Sinner wouldn't allow her to smell him, using surprise to dwindle her hopes.
    This scent is different, a lot more, cold? The mare is comforted in some way, thankful to know that it was not Sinner coming for her.

A soft nicker causes her head to dart away, looking toward the stranger, Can I help you. The mare's blue eyes study the stallion and his shape, a rather interesting form that now approached her with curiosity "I would be thankful" she whispers softly, her tone filled with sorrow. She was completely tired by this point, if her child was gone, maybe he was gone for good.

The mare crosses the thought out of her head, her eyes fluttering as she looks back toward the opening of the forest "My child is gone" her words remain slightly emotionless, conveying no sense of anger nor sorrow. She looks back up to the stallion, her eyes deeply tired "He has been gone for longer than I can remember by now. One day he disappeared and never returned" the mother felt like a terrible mother, she should have kept a closer eye on him, not even allowing herself to sleep to look after her firstborn, even the stranger probably wouldn't be able to help her, it was a lost cause by now, Castaneis was gone, and on purpose.

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Halting, the scaled roan waits for the mare to speak. Maybe she just needs some time alone instead? With that thought, he almost moves back. But she turns to look at him, and so he waits, the only thing moving his mane and tail, caught by the spring breeze (to him, it feels almost as hot as a summer breeze).

She would like some help, then - but her child is gone. Ah, well. That isn’t the kind of problem he’s gonna be too great at helping with now, he’s afraid. ”So is mine... some adult took her place. But I think that’s not going to be helpful for you.” He sighs a little, his colourful eyes changing to something violet while he scans the field, going back to blue when he looks at the mare. ”How long ago are we talking about?” he questions. It was probably too slim a chance to find her child, but perhaps at least he could keep an eye out.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Anninux]
    |
    Anninux

Anninux turns to face the stallion who now speaks of his own loss "I'm sorry to hear that, I now know what that kind of things does to a person" she watches him and his changing eyes, a sight she was almost used to by now in this weird land.
    The stallion asks of the time-frame her child was lost at, she shakes her head for a moment "It must have been months by now, I haven't been keeping track" admittedly the mare had only been searching, taking no care in herself whatsoever, the need to find her missing piece still strong. 

"Thank you by the way, my name is Anninux. I come from the Silver Cove" she feels only gratitude toward the helpful stranger as she looks at him, it was weird for her to step out of Silver Cove, the only times she had been outside of it was to help with diplomatic visits and to birth her child, who was now lost.

The mare is still nervous even with the stranger nearby, she cannot allow her eyes to wander for too long, they must concentrate. Sinner was an image burned into her head, she was petrified of him, attacked at a time she felt most vulnerable in, scared even of herself.

Her attention is only diverted for a moment, returning to the stallion within a small moment, her ears silently perked atop her skull, ready to listen.

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    The dark mare says she’s sorry, and he thinks maybe he shouldn’t have mentioned it - for what he did he deserves no feelings of sorry from anyone, he thinks. So he shakes his head. ”I should have seen it coming. You had no warning, and that’s far worse.”

He falls silent a moment, puttinghis thoughts on track. Months, she answered his question with, and he grimaces a bit. No good odds. ”I’m sure someone is looking after him.” The alternative was surely on her mind but, well if he’d found a foal who couldn’t find their mother, he’d probably take them home too. The world was big enough to get lost in, but it also held enough kind horses - it would take only one.

The Cove, huh? He tilts his head a little. ”I’m Leilan. I live in Icicle Isle. Did Kagerus and Velk make it back there without trouble?” he inquires - he hadn’t heard from them since meeting them on their slightly premature visit. He’d have to return the favour soon; or at least send someone over.

The mare however, still looks on edge. Maybe the thought of her kid was troubling her more than she let on.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Anninux]
    |
    Anninux

The mare looks at Leilan, her eyes meeting him "Nobody deserves to lose their child" she smiles faintly at him before returning to gaze out across the rolling hills, his mention of another horse taking care of Castaneis causes her to stir again "That is what I am afraid of at times" If Sinner was the one, she wouldn't be able to handle it, her worst fear holding her child close to him, when in reality he had gone there on purpose, his own will driving him.

The stallion soon mentions of where he belongs, an interesting place, to say the least, her only information about the island was how freezing and harsh it was, not of any inhabitants or living conditions.
    Leilan also mentions of Kagerus and Velk, the mare nodding silently "I know Kagerus has, I haven't really met Velk" she mentions quietly, he voice still slightly shaky.

Her attention must not linger on her child or Sinner, she turns her head, a question posed in her voice as she speaks up "What is the Icicle Isle like? I have only heard of how freezing cold it is, I don't believe I have ever met anyone who lives there. It's a curious place" she speaks, the warm air finally a comfort as spring bursts into bloom, hushing the winter weather and snow.

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    The mare has a bit of a strange way of thinking over the loss of her little one, the stallion thinks - but to be honest he doesn’t always understand mares. To him, it seemed like as long as the child wasn’t dead or dying, at least there was hope for them to have a good life, whatever that entailed. But perhaps for her it meant that she would surely never see the kid again.

He does not pry further, however. In all his life he’s done his fair share of stupid things, but if one doesn’t learn from them in some way, then it all had no purpose. Now, he doesn’t want to impose on her parenting style or even name her fears any more than he already did - so when he started talking about kingdoms and she latched on quite fast, embracing the subject change, he figures it’s best to just let go.

It seems she hasn’t met Velk yet, and Leilan nods. ”I’m sure he made it, then. He came off a bit more shy than your antlered queen.” he tells her. It’s likely that’s why she never talked to him (considering she’s no extravagant type either).

She continues about his own home, and he nods. ”Cold, yes, especially in winter. I’m immune though, so I can’t be bothered by that. It’s the prettiest place in the world, though. We have blue-green lights in the sky, and it reflects on the snow and ice - you’d do well to visit at the start or end of the day, in the twilight hours or in the dark. Maybe in summer you’d like to visit? It’s still cold, but at least nobody freezes to death.” he grins a little, comfortably talking his way for her distraction. He’s quite sure she needs it, from the way she talked and looked around just earlier.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Anninux]
    |
    Anninux

The stallion's voice is warm and inviting compared to the harsh outside world, maybe her child was safe, maybe he wasn't. Even if he was in the hands of Sinner, he could still have a future, finding him would be difficult but she was determined to work for it. Although a break from all the constant drama was an inviting essence, one that bloomed inside, drawing her in.

Her head turns back toward Leilan as he speaks of Velk again, mentioning that he had made it back, or probably did.
    The mare nods in agreement, the mention of her antlered queen causing her to pause for a moment. It had been quite a while since Anninux had returned to the Silver Cove or even talked to Kagerus, then again she was probably quite busy anyway, especially with the new diplomatic situation.

Her attention is stolen once again by the stallion as he speaks of his homeland, telling her about the lights, something she had never seen before but was quite intrigued by. The black mare's position changes as she turns to face the stallion properly, her eyes wide open like a child as she listens to his tale, an invitation shortly arriving at the tip of his breath.
    It surely would do the mare some good to travel, take in all the sights there was to see, especially the lights that Leilan has talked about
    The distraction was an inviting one, to lose the memory of her lost child for a moment and explore a land she had never seen before.

"I would like that" she says happily, exchanging a smile as she stares at him, the cold may not seem as inviting but at least she would get to travel with him, he gratitude presenting itself as she stood by him "Thank you by the way" she speaks quietly as she adjusts her weight, her eyes drifting off to look toward the landscape once more.  

@[Leilan]
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Whatever his effect is, or may be (it can be strange to him, sometimes, to be a girl’s anchor to the world - it’s probably why he was able to coerce with them into the creation of his children?), it’s helping her at least. This time, he’s not going to move it any further, like with Briseis who is with Ether now, like with Willa when she simply came to visit. Those days are over by far, and he finds that having the stability of his only love is everything he needs.

Or course, that same thing can’t be said for everyone. He’s lucky with her - accepting him for what he has been, and what he’s trying to become - but not everybody always reaches that what they need in life, for some reason. Anninux sounds just as lost as some who he’s seen and met before, but at least he can help her get back down on the ground and point her in a direction.

Distractions all being well and good, she won’t be visiting Icicle Isle soon, he thinks - not this early in spring at any rate. He wonders what else might help her. She thanks him for it nevertheless - and at the same time still keeps scanning the horizon. Looking for a lost child.

An idea strikes him, so he boldly asks.

”Perhaps you could be a mother to a lost child? I think the Adoption Den might be full of orphans this time of year.” Even if her own child hadn’t found his way there, there might be another - a better distraction than he could ever be.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Anninux]
    |