• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

today, my name is pain; ALL
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    Today has been confusing for him, to say the very least. First a blue and gold pegasus found him near the river and commanded him to this kingdom, told him he was their king now. Before Vulgaris could even ask for his name, the stranger flew off with his lover. He’d stood next to the river forever trying to make sense of the task. In the dead of night, another stranger found him, her skin like stars and her eyes withholding all kinds of secrets from him. She assured him all was well and that he was the rightful heir to the Loessian throne. She explained their past and promised to help him lead his people into a brighter future. How could he say no? He is still lost in the fog of Carnage’s curse, after all.

The sun has just begun to ascend over the horizon when he finally returns home, his face mauled and mangled into a permanent grin full of bare teeth. This place feels safe, that much he is certain of, but none of it strikes him as familiar for now. The serpent glances over his shoulder for is companion before issuing the call for the other Loessians. He summons them from Sylva, from the Pampas to gather to him. They have cowered in the shadow of the plague for too long, Starsin had assured him. It was time to be the light in the darkness.

Thank you all for coming. For those of you I haven’t met, I am Vulgaris. As of today, I am your new king,” he explains as he lifts his chin, the new day gleaming gold across his scales. “My advisor, Starsin, has brought it to my attention that several of our people in the South remain ill despite our healers’ best efforts. We’ve also been confined to Noah’s land in the Brilliant Pampas. That time must come to an end.

Here his eyes briefly narrow. He’s unsatisfied with the conditions they live under now and he hopes they feel the same way.

Before this day is done, I intend to march for the eastern region. There, we will capture their healers and their Cove. We’ll heal our sick and begin our empire. Together.

Now he falls silent as he waits for them to either agree or object. Starsin warned him that some might object to his ideas but they were not to be ignored. Perhaps they could be swayed to his side and reap the rewards that he knew they would surely sow today.
    So Vulgaris is declaring war on the Silver Cove because he's insane still. The south is about to get R O W D Y, y'all.

Messages In This Thread
    today, my name is pain; ALL - by vulgaris - 01-17-2019, 07:25 PM
    RE: today, my name is pain; ALL - by Starsin - 01-18-2019, 12:13 AM
    RE: today, my name is pain; ALL - by Heda - 01-18-2019, 01:46 AM
    RE: today, my name is pain; ALL - by Brink - 01-20-2019, 10:21 PM