• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on a stormy sea of moving emotion; eurwen

Eurwen
    diamonds are found only in the darkness of earth
    as truth lies in the darkness of mind
    There’s something… changing. Something being the air surrounding them, and her mother’s demeanour as well. Peeking past the stones, the filly finds that Breckin’s face now matches the softer tone of her voice, which is… safer.

The words are still a reprimand, one way or the other. It’s very clear that this is her second and last chance to make it up to her and hopefully without repercussions. Still, she is uncomfortable with telling. What can she possibly say that won’t scare her mother or make her subsequently angry with her? At least… well at least with the spotted mare there is a slight chance that she won’t be angry. She couldn’t possibly tell her dad.

Still, she’d rather sink into the ground. Still, she nervously presses her lips and shuffles her hoofs… only to find that she did actually sink into the rocks a bit.

Her chuckle is still a bit nervous as she softens the rock again, conscious this time, and pulls her feet out. Heh. So she can do that now. The ridiculousness of the situation frees her voice at last, and after finding secure footing she takes a deep breath. ”I shouldn’t have run away. And I should have come back sooner.”

”I met… some fairies. They called. They wanted help with the sickness, so…” Another small shuffle, movements of hoof, tail, ear - telltale signs of discomfort. ”I went to the Cove. There was a… a monster out there and I… we killed them. To free the others. He made us grown-ups for a while! And then we brought back the stones and now I can move them!” Ending with what hopefully was the good part of the story, she mentally picks up one of the pebbles she had previously dropped, somewhere along the lines (probably around the time she had found out she had sunk). Nevermind that she forgot half the story, she toys with it. If she could sink into the rocks, maybe she could change the appearance of this one?

But looking at her mother for just a fracture of a heartbeat, she pushes that thought aside.

Probably she doesn’t have the best timing.

@[Breckin] so I gave this priority over work Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on a stormy sea of moving emotion; eurwen - by Eurwen - 02-07-2019, 04:58 AM