• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on a stormy sea of moving emotion; eurwen
    Well, admittedly, that was not the type of answer she had been anticipating.  To run away from her home and into unknown dangers - it was difficult for Breckin to fathom as she was still practically a baby in her eyes and not yet ready to take on the harder edges of Beqanna. And yet the most difficult aspect to swallow that she’d run away from her family and her.  Had she done something wrong?

Disappointment settles like a heavy mantel across her shoulders as Eurwen continues on with her quick tale; of fairies and monsters and a taste of the future.  Plain as the daylight on the northern shores, the cherry stained filly’s meekness shines through as silence ensues on the coattails of her girlish voice.  It’s in the way that she shuffles and softens the ground beneath her, still begrudgingly incapable of meeting the now wide gaze of her mother.

There’s much that could be said or done, but for the sake of simplification and the promise of the changing tides, she focuses upon the endgame.   “I rather wish you hadn’t run off, or at least had told your father or I what was happening,” the tone of her voice is unreadable until a small smile taints her inflections, “But I am proud of you, for your honesty and bravery.”

Drawing the stones her daughter had played with moments before , she raises one of them up, hanging precariously between them, hoping to regain the girls focus.   “You have so much potential, Wenny.  I’d like for you to become Nerine’s heir when I hand the queendom over to Heartfire.”

@[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on a stormy sea of moving emotion; eurwen - by Breckin - 02-22-2019, 08:07 PM