• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Solace, my love
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The warmth of spring came earlier than I anticipated, sending away a cold winter with busy hands and a smiling face. I look upon her work occasionally, admiring the vibrant greens springing up around my kingdom, and lifting my nose to smell the mountainous wildflowers which blossom so abundantly here. More often than not, however, I find myself standing atop the obsidian beaches, my hooves matching the stones found there perfectly; but it is not the beautiful black shapes which I focus upon. No, it is always to Hyaline that I gaze; always there, to where I know the lake lies, the heart of Hyaline nestled in the middle of a mountain range to end all mountain ranges.

I miss her, every day. And with all the bullshit going on - namely, Litotes being stolen after impulsively trying to steal from a war-kingdom - I miss her even more.

Solace, I dream, finding her consciousness immediately. Without needing to say another word, I identify her location, and severe the connection. Casting a final glance to the kingdom of my heart, I turn away, the falling spring sun illuminating the blood, bone, and leopard of my coat.

Before long, I am before her, though not where I'd imagined; the knowing Queen has met me halfway, nearly running into me headlong as we gallop for one another. And yet our union is gentle and quiet, if breathless; I reach for her beautiful face as reverently as I had that first time, after she saved me from suicide. Wordless in my love for her, I brush my muzzle from her ear to her lips, leaning my head to cup hers in the nape of my neck. A deep breath steadies my lungs, though I am certain that it is the smell of her that calms me, and not the oxygen at all.

I stand like that for a while, taking solace in her. Time and time again I find myself at peace thanks only to the steadfast love of my Queen. Smiling at the thought of how we could have come all this way since that day I splashed into her little lake, I step a little closer, though there is no closer to be than I am to her right now. The warmth of her breath tickles my neck, and my smile only grows.

Our children are beautiful, our kingdom is prestigious, and our faithfulness to one another is unfailing. Despite it all, despite my doubts and my longings and my misgivings, she is there: there as is the sky and the earth, always above me and always below. A constant; a law that I can depend on, as present as gravity, as present as time and space.

"Hi baby," I breathe, sending the sound waves of my words dancing down her skin like tiny sparks as we stand, half dreaming already. Reaching lazily, I pluck a lock of her porcelain mane off of the curve of her neck, allowing its silky length to fall smoothly from my lips. Lowering my eyes shyly, I curve my neck to gently thrust my now-anterless head into the crook of her neck, taking advantage of my nakedness by being the little spoon and snuggling close.

"Let's go somewhere." Unbidden but not uncomfortably, images of worlds we could visit flash by; a fair at night, with candy and rides; the stars; our familiar bedroom, complete with already-removed clothes; the ocean, to float along its currents without a care; a car, with the radio blasting and the windows rolled down; the first snowfall, and the snow angels we make there; the options are infinite and ongoing, until at last I sense her attention pulled to a single exact one.

Grinning sleepily, I kiss my wife's cheek and nod. "Good choice, my love."

And, without a moment to lose, we fall.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Her dreams feel lifeless when she floats alone in them - black-and-white with muddled sound and slow movements. Solace slogs through the monotony of them, not recalling any details once morning comes, and not wishing she had. She passively dreams now - these tasteless dreams where her feet never touch the ground - until she feels the golden touch of another mind against her own. 

Kagerus - her wife, her dreamer, her warrior, but always hers.

A breath of color washes across the sleeping mare's dreamscape as her mate steps into her subconscious world. But the visit is brief, just long enough for Solace to identify the nook of the cove where she dreams, and she shakes away her sleep as Kagerus withdraws.

Eager to find her queen in the flesh, the gold and cream pegasus gallops across the hills, and she doesn't need the light to know the way. Silently, the lovers unite, communicating with a touch what doesn't have to be said in words. 

Kagerus conjures worlds for them to fall into, effortlessly imagining a handful of enticing suggestions. Places they can lose themselves in and leave the weight of the real world behind flick past her vision and Solace sighs a deep sigh of contentment. 

Maybe it's because it comes first, or maybe because it is so different from anything they have experienced before, but her subconsciousness clings to the first set of images presented to her mind's eye. Solace fills in the gaps of the warm, playful world Kagerus suggested - sketcking the faces of the crowd and the gaudy booths of nomadic vendors. A place where they could be loud, and careless with their smiles. The perfect mixture of twinkling lights and shadowy corners for secret love-making.

And far off, beyond the sound of laughter and tin-box melodies, the mountains of Hyaline keep silent vigil. 

Good choice, my love

The fall is exhilarating (a thrill that is made even more exiting because of what it signals) as the world assembles its self for their benefit in elaborate detail. The air is warm, sultry, almost sticky, and full of music, and as Solace stretches across their clasped hands she tastes pink sugar on her date's lips. 

"You look great, as always," she says, withdrawing from her little display of affection and letting her eyes absorb every detail of the way her wife chose to express herself in this dream. "But one thing's missing." Solace reaches a lithe hand and traces her thumb along the bridge of Kag's nose and along her cheekbone. The gold bangles around her wrist clink musically as Solace manipulates the dream and leaving a scar in her touch's trail. 

"Perfect," she smiles, daring Kag to contradict her decision with a coy smile of her rosy lips. "Now please tell me you feel like dancing too."

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Kagerus]
    Solghostdoll2

Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Always hers.

The blue-silver of my wife's mind against mine as we begin the freefall from reality to dreamscape is at once a calming weight and un uplifting energy, her own single soul a perfectly balanced concoction of equal and opposite energies. We tryst gently through the abyss as I allow her artful hand to deftly sketch in the details of our world; the finesse of her brush strokes always leaves me amazed, the specifics of her creativity never ceasing the leave me dumbfounded.

She takes me places I could never dream of; I, the one who can dream of everything.

On the other side, the heady weight of a loud, full carnival drapes across our shoulders with a kind welcome. Already our slim hands are clasped together, and while this does not surprise me, my eyes are filled with an awe even greater than that which admired the world she built for us when I look upon my celestial lover. Her hand finds my face in a bid for a kiss, and every molecule of my being leans in to accept. That initial meeting of our sugared lips leaves me breathless and threatening to erase her handiwork completely in exchange for a scene far more titillating, if not out right arduous and orgasmic; but my angelic wife pulls away just in time, the trailing gold of her locks falling just so around the sweet planes of her face.

You look great, as always.

My lashes fall suggestively to the figure before me as though to say look at yourself, hot stuff, but before I can get to the actual flirting part, Solace pulls away with a quizzical look and examines my own face, far darker in complexion compared to hers. But one thing's missing. Curious but utterly trusting, I do not hesitate to lean in to my wife's hand as it runs along the length of my face. A diagonal line, draw as softly as though I am the most expensive of canvases. I do not feel the scar as it disfigures me, but I know all the same that it appears by the way Solace's cherry lips quirk ever so subtly, and by the way those ceruleans eyes glimmer with just that much more pleasure - and need.

Perfect. Without pause I match my wife's coy smirk with a roguish grin of my own, shunting my chin forward to better catch the twilight of the carnival as it drifts magically around us. Before Solace can verbally indicate what has been her evident need for dance by way of her body language throughout this entire encounter, I skillfully angle my head from its elevated position and lift my hand to pull gently at the collar of Solace's off-the-shoulder chemise. My grin dissolves into a purr of admiration as I take in the site of the scars left there from a previous dream; snapping the band of her shirt with a quirk of my brow (or else being smacked playfully away, as the case may be) I now listen to her simpering request.

"Do you even need to ask!"

Whooping loudly in stark contrast to our sultry exchange just moments before, I clasp hands with Solace and run wildly through the dreamt up crowds. The reality of the scene is emphasized by our having to navigate through the myriad of people, with our shoulders occasionally brushing theirs, and our ears picking up the boisterous sound of their late-night conversations and tales. Booths and rides and hide-aways pass us by innumerably, but when we arrive to the dance floor, neither Solace nor I are winded; though we breathe heavily, we transition easily into dance-mode as the music starts playing.

It is country music, upbeat and overplayed; I smile to know that I have shown Solace my humble dream-beginnings with Kavi, that night so long ago when I dreamt of loving a prince who was not real. While his part in the quest may have been imagined, I know that my life with Kavi was not, and was instead a direct representation of our life here in Beqanna. Though I have since shed the quaintness of a farmgirl life, the secret passion for music such as this now pervades any sense of dignity or regality which remains me.

I am but a woman, dancing with the brightest star in the night sky; and god, does she look good in that off-the-shoulder chemise, a dark ochre to compliment the bright gold of her hair, matched perfectly with the loose-fitting, purposefully-torn light blue jeans below. I could watch her dance all night, and even more than that, I could dance with her until sunrise.

A couple songs later, the tempo of the music changes to that of a slow, simple love song; and though it is certainly out of place in what ought to be a night-long party, I don't quite care to keep up the illusion as I liquidly take Solace into my outstretched arms.

With my lips pressed to the damp, sweaty curls by her ear, we sway back and forth. Occasionally our well-bred sides show, with our all-encompassing steps clearing the dance floor with a surreal swiftness; but in the end, we are only swaying, clasped in one another's embrace without a care in the world. The stars spin above, and the earth spins below; but she and I are constant and unmoving, a law even beyond those of physics and reality.

As the final chords of the song play, I lean back to gently press my lips to hers. She tastes like the moon, and I cannot help but to slip my tongue between her lips to get an even clearer taste of her silverline core. Ending with a last gentle peck, I pull away with a dark, playful look.

"Let's go somewhere else - I think I have a pack of cigarettes hidden there." Coyly, I smile, knowing that my vague wording would be totally familiar by now for my darling wife; but, feeling the aftertaste of her lips like a burst of nicotine, I know that she will never find our love boring or predictable.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Solace] <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver