• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm unbearable
    The scent today is filled with berries, new plants bursting from the ground, fighting for air as winter leaves the scene. The smell is magnificent, a symphony in itself, writing to her as she nears the multiple bushes that hide their glorious treats, her fur lightly scraping the trees nearby as she made her way through the canopy cover in a hurried manner.
    The smell was so close now, filling her black nostrils as she perked her stature high, her large legs supporting her body as she shot up high into the air, the birds screeching around her as they flew off in a panicked manner, afraid of what she could do to them, but why would she be bothered anyway, too big of a hassle.
    Caelestra now trots toward the multiple species of flora, the scents of different types of berries now causing her desire to end her lustful hunger to go rampant, her gloomy eyes shifting as the bushes came into sight, focused on satisfying herself first.

The brown figure slowly begins to gorge on the piles of fresh berries that had arrived just in time for her, as if they had been growing here just in her time of need. 
    Caelestra didn't particularly like to hunt for meat, but since she enjoyed remaining in her beastly form, she usually would have to kill to satisfy her growing hunger for food.

Food wasn't the only thing she always thought of though, that was usually just a plain side thought, past time for her to indulge in whenever she had the time. Usually, she was quite busy, or at least she used to be, now she aimlessly wanders the forest floor in search of things to do, perhaps maybe to find her daughter, unsure of what happened back then.

Most of her memories were quite vague after she had awoken from her long hibernation, she only remembered a few things of her past, perhaps she had remained in her carnivorous form for too long, or maybe she just couldn't remember. In reality, the hibernation had lasted a lot longer than she thought it had, a sort of magic keeping her asleep for a long period of time. 
    The bear now moves through the forest at an active pace, the light above the thick canopy breaking through to highlight her, her steps large and rather clumsy as she made her way through, she didn't know where she was going, but that was quite alright.

The field was quite an interesting place, full of horses that chattered amongst themselves, or some preferring solitude, running off in search of unknown treasures. More importantly, it was a place filled with plenty of meat.
    For her, nothing seemed worth it for the moment, neither companionship nor solidarity, she was more focused on finding land to settle in, the constant walking around and scrounging for scraps had caused her to become insane. She was a predator, not a small critter trying to find a way to survive, the apex feeling overwhelming the female as she began to run forward, her large paws covering the terrain with sufficient ease. 

One land that is close to the forest is Loess, she had not heard much about the place, apart from the current diplomatic situation they were in, a sticky situation for sure.
    But for now she did not assume what the place would be like, for all she knew, it could be a paradise, or at least a form of it.
    The female halts at the border politely, she emits a low pitched growl, announcing her presence before she shifted back into her horse self, a body she wasn't completely comfortable in but had to stay for the current moment. 
    (This is all over the place but I am bad at starters I am so sorry)
    " every scar will build my throne. "

He has always known about the existence of shifters but he has never seen them with his own eyes. Sure, Leliana’s wings had changed their shape from time to time, but that had only come as a mild surprise for him. He quietly drinks from the springs of Loess and casually observes his home as the new members begin to intermingle with the old until they become one. It’s nice, seeing everyone getting along so well without him having to urge them together. They all unite to his purpose and hurry to help gather healers for the people of the southern region. He thinks he must have caused a lot of destruction in his life and it’s time to try putting things back together for the Loessians. Nevermind the cost.

As he lifts his head, water dribbling between his teeth and down his chin, he sees the bear rummaging through the berry bushes just beyond the borders. He blinks, caught off guard by the large predator so close to his home. His lower jaw falls slack as he watches the creature turn to a horse. A whole entire horse. Without even realizing, his legs begin to move him closer and closer once she comes to a stop at the border. His head tilts this way and that, making sure it isn’t some strange trick of the light that makes her look equine now.

So… Are you a bear or not?” he asks abruptly, eyes narrowed slightly in suspicion. Nevermind introductions or welcoming her to Loess, he just wants to know if she’s a bear trying to sneak into the kingdom. Was that a thing they did? Maybe the smart bears, which she seemed to be, considering she stopped at the border and beckoned for someone. He moves forward and begins to circle her while maintaining a careful distance between them.

I’m Vulgaris. What other secrets are you hiding?
    VulgariS
    @[Caelestra] no bears allowed in loess >: (
    So are you a bear or not, quite a good question even she did not know the answer to, at times she thought she was more of a bear rather than a horse, while in reality, her bear form was just because of the weird magic of Beqanna.
    She tilts her head in interest toward the male, a smile appearing on her face "That is a great question" she starts, her head returning comfortably as she continued "I am a bit of both, if that is of any assurance" she smiles again, watching the male almost squinting at her.

"I am no threat, as unbelievable as that may seem right now" her smile drifts for a moment as she stops, allowing the stallion to continue, his name rather familiar sounding as he speaks, also asking if she still had any secrets to share.

The female smiles at the question "I am Caelestra, feel free to call me Cael" she grins as she pauses "I am a healer recently returning from certain, adventures. And as you may have already noticed, I am able to shift into a bear" she was still rather uncertain as to what her past included, but she could learn as she went along.

"Apologies if I caused any commotion, I'm quite used to remaining in my bear form" she smiles and offers an apology with the dip of her head "I was looking to settle down somewhere" she adds as she looks back up toward Vulgaris, her smile still stuck on her face "I would, of course, be happy to help too, anything that you might need, I would be happy to provide" she believed that with her abilities she would be able to do at least some good, rather than just sit around and do nothing, making her stay worth it for her and the land's people.

She finishes with the nod of her head as she waits for the return of conversation from the stallion in front, still hoping she hadn't put anyone off with her predatory figure from before.

(I can live with no bears for a while, but sad @[vulgaris] also sorry this is a bit sloppy)
    " every scar will build my throne. "

She smiles like the gentle autumn sun despite the suspicions he wears so clearly on his face. Her eyes are honest and she confesses that she is perhaps a bit of both this world and that one, somewhere in between just as he is. His shoulders relax and his expression softens to simple inquisitiveness, his head tilting to mimic hers when she promises that she is no threat. It would be nice to make a new friend rather than more enemies. He’s done an excellent job at upsetting or infuriating others lately but perhaps he should quit while he’s ahead.

Cael,” he parrots back to her. “Well, we certainly have a need for healers at the moment, so you’re welcome to stay as long as you like.

He shifts his weight as he grows more comfortable around her and the pleasant aura she carries with her. Everyone else was nearly as hot-headed as the serpent but having someone so soft and mellow is a nice change of pace. But how to explain the conditions of living in Loess for the time being? Vulgaris chews at the inside of his lip and supposes it would be best to just be honest with her about the social climate.

I should warn you though, our current objective is to capture healers who don’t come to Loess of their own accord. I intend to heal and protect everyone in the southern region and anyone who might seek us out for help.

He worries that she will misunderstand as a few others have, mistaking his conquest for simple greed and a selfish nature. Wolfbane entrusted the people of Loess to him and his judgment and the serpent felt it necessary to keep them well by any means necessary. But, of course, he knew that others would need to be made well. He had made up his mind weeks ago to keep open borders for anyone of the afflicted. Others will come seeking their strength with avarice in their hearts and hatred in their eyes but he’s prepared to pluck their throats from them as easily as he breathes. Anything to protect their home, he thinks.
    VulgariS
    @[Caelestra] okay now bears are allowed in loess. he likes cael. <3
    The female was quite happy to see the stallion relax, not as doubtful of her intentions as before.
    She exchanges a smile as the male speaks, her ears attentively turned to listen to him.
    It seemed like she had arrived at the right time since they were in need of healers, she had no idea about the current diplomatic state of it all but she was still quite happy to help out "I would be more than happy to do whatever I can to help" She smiles and then pauses, allowing the male to continue.

At first, she is quite taken aback by the sudden mention of capturing healers who wouldn't willfully join Loess when they were in a time of need.
    But she relaxes quickly, at least they were doing it for a cause, the plague must have initiated it all anyway.
    The female didn't see anything wrong with it so far "I'll be happy to come along, I believe what you are doing is a noble thing for your people" the mare nods as she takes a step forward, quite eager to join this new place and help anyone in need.

"If you need any help finding more healers, I would be happy to help with that as well" if some needed a particular effort in persuasion, the sight of a large bear was usually one that would convince anything to bend to their will, unless they had magic that was a lot more powerful of course.
    Just because she had the ability to shift into a bear did not mean she was at the top of the food chain, Beqanna was quite a weird and wonderful place with the ability to house all different kinds of horses, even those who had the ability to change into dragons.

(@[vulgaris] short and sloppy but eh)