• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus
    When I first lay my eyes on a resident of this land, it is not Kagerus I expected to see. Still, it is undeniably the bone crowned queen who appears before me on the mercurial shore that night so soon after i myself arrived. She is more shadow than light, and I have seen too much to be surprised when she approaches me out of seeming thin air. 

"Good evening, Kagerus. Not long enough, but my wings... well. I need to build my endurance again." My face tilts upward, feeling the breeze dry the sweat on my skin, cooling the fire burning in my overtaxed muscles. It's a delicious kind of exhaustion, the kind of strain my body had missed in the time I'd been grounded. I'd be dreadfully sore tomorrow, but right now it didn't matter a bit. I'd touched the sky, and come down again without breaking. After the debacle that was the island, it was a much needed victory. 

Following her gaze to the clouds building overhead, I nodded agreeably at her assessment. "Yes, I flew ahead of it on my way here. I doubt it'll keep me out of the sky, though. The pressure changes are exhilarating." I smiled faintly, remembering the almost painful way the air shifted around when the clouds crashed into each other. The thunder that tried to deafen me. Adrenaline still sang in my veins from the experience. 

The grin widened as a barely remembered thought fluttered to the front of my mind. I'd promised myself something, when she'd dragged me out from inside myself. Glancing at the length of her through the fiery curtain of my forelock, I hummed a note before a soft laugh floated off my lips. 

"You know, I hurt very badly when you woke me up. I swore I'd kick your ass the next time I saw you, for making me feel that much pain." My eyes lingered on the piece of anatomy in question, but made no move to act on my words. There was no aggression in my body, no tightness at all. 

One wing stretched out, the right one. The one I'd almost lost. Healed beyond what I'd once thought was possible. Physically, I was as well as I'd ever been. Things on the inside were still in turmoil, and I wasn't sure how to heal that. Still, I was the one who could brazen her way through anything, wasn't I? 

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus - by Sabra - 01-28-2019, 03:18 PM