• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't get cut on my edges • kagerus
    don't get cut on my edges ─
    I'm the king of everything and oh my tongue is a weapon

In part, the salted sea air of the cove that clings to Amet's dragonhide reminds the stallion of Eventide. It was the first, and only, place he had seen Makhai before the deities had risen walls of ice from the earth and separated father and son. It was the last place he had seen Eione, her face alight with sweat from the recent birthing. Her eyes had been full of fatigue and love. And then he had never seen her again.

Four years have passed since that moment.

And when he thinks on it too hard, he can still smell the sea salt and exertion.

Melancholy draws a loose sheet over his body as his warm amber eyes continue to gaze out over the horizon and into the lavender sky, and Amet attempts to bring his thoughts back to the present, and to the easy happiness that the island of Beqanna brings.

An unfamiliar scent grows stronger and the quiet thud of hooves on damp sand finally do the trick, drawing the gold-and-bronze stallion back into himself just in time to flick his molten eyes towards the antlered mare who comes to rest beside him. Kagerus. He offers her an instantly genial smile, absolutely certain that anyone capable of winning the heart of Tangerine's daughter is good and kind. "Kagerus," he responds with a polite nod, an ear swiveling in the direction of the painted woman as her speech comes to a close, "I feel lucky to finally have the chance to meet you. I've heard nothing but good things from Solace." It's the truth ─ the young light-bringer had spoken of her General with hearts in her eyes and honey on her tongue.

His gaze moves away from the leopard-spotted woman and back to the rippling wake of the cove as a small sigh of what feels like relief slips from an ajar maw. "This place is beautiful. Solace says it is now the head of the Sanctuary?" he asks simply, unaware of the true magnitude of the woman's intentions for their conversation.

- Amet -
    [@[Kagerus]! ♥]

Messages In This Thread
    don't get cut on my edges • kagerus - by Amet - 01-27-2019, 09:53 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges • kagerus - by Amet - 02-02-2019, 05:22 PM