• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  chained to your love
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

She had seen him arrive, but she had not yet approached. She was brash, but not entirely foolish; she wasn’t about to walk directly into a lion’s jaws.

And so, she watched him, observing him for a few days as he paced. She could see the tension as it spiraled off of him, could almost smell the fury that roiled beneath his pallid pelt. She imagines she would feel the same if she had to be kept caged, whether the bars were real or imaginary, solid or invisible. She didn’t feel bad for him, but she could empathise – or imagine being able to, at least. It was difficult to feel pity, however, when he had essentially brought this upon himself. He had delivered the first blow, and Loess had struck back.

Beneath the warmth of the spring sun, she finally decides to flesh out their visitor. There is a certain calculation to her steps when she walks towards him, the glowing dapples of stars that spread across her skin flickering with the roll of her muscles. There is a sudden toss of her head, sending her dark, almost black forelock away from her cobalt blue eyes, letting her gaze settle on his feline face. ”You must be Litotes,” There is nothing accusatory in the way she says it, her voice honeyed and smooth, as it so often was. She has stopped what she considers a safe distance from him, a knowing, almost impish smile lifting at the edge of her steel gray lips. ”I’m Starsin.”

Here, a soft, but overly-exasperated sigh is expelled from her lips, as she tilts her delicately crafted head and says almost derisively, ”I probably wasn’t worth all this trouble, was I?” She can’t help but to laugh, and it is nearly mocking and harmonious all at once, her dark blue eyes glittering with a childlike mirth. It had been so long since she last pushed someone to the brink, and she wonders if he will be unfazed by her clear attempt at getting a rise out of him, or if he will just tear her open right there.

Messages In This Thread
    chained to your love - by litotes - 01-29-2019, 12:47 AM
    RE: chained to your love - by Starsin - 02-01-2019, 10:58 PM
    RE: chained to your love - by litotes - 02-05-2019, 09:07 PM
    RE: chained to your love - by Starsin - 02-12-2019, 03:45 AM
    RE: chained to your love - by litotes - 02-14-2019, 12:49 AM
    RE: chained to your love - by Starsin - 02-24-2019, 03:30 AM