• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  chained to your love
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

When he curls close to her legs it does not occur to her that she should consider backing away. That to be so close to the clutches of a predator was not something to trifle with, but in her youthful naivety, this does not cross her mind. The steel-gray tip of her muzzle is dangerously close to his pale pelt, although she does not minimize the space enough to create contact. They are close enough, however,  that she can nearly feel the rumble of his voice, and it brings a smile that is saturated in satisfaction to her lips. “It’s easy to find the buzzwords when you know where to look.” She does nothing to hide the clandestine way in which the statement is delivered, though she does not divulge what she means by it – not quite yet.

Her cobalt-blue eyes are unwavering when locked with his, and for a moment her heartbeat quickens. It was not often that anyone got under her skin, but he incited something in her; something that she quickly smothers away, and if anything had faltered in her cool stare, she is quick to amend it. He shifts then, almost suddenly, until he stands before her as a stallion rather than the prowling predator he had been. She cannot help the way her eyes appreciatively study the sharp angles of his face as she looks up at him, taller than her now. With a quirk of her brow she slinks a slow half circle around him, not attempting to hide how she admires his masculine frame. “You certainly clean up nice, don’t you.” Briefly, her mind drifts from her previous thoughts of manipulation and curiosity, a quick flash of desire licking like flames across her skin. She extinguishes them hastily, as she responds flippantly, “A good time, huh? Maybe someday as a last resort I’ll let you show me what you mean by that.” And with that she side-steps away, her movements deft and light, casting him a coquettish simper. “I can assure you, I’m completely relaxed. Don’t worry your pretty little head about me and my fragile nerves.”

She quiets, then, sifting past his current thoughts – of her and their little game they had started – and delving into something deeper. Into the meat of what she was really after. “One of your queens came to visit you – the dreamweaver, Kagerus. It didn’t go well, did it?”  She’d let him piece that puzzle together; it was more fun that way. “You could stay here, you know. Loess would appreciate you far more than Hyaline ever did.”

I manipulated the timeline a little since technically Kag talked to him "after" this convo, but, I wanted Starsin to not-so-subtly hint that she could read his mind, so, here we are.

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    chained to your love - by litotes - 01-29-2019, 12:47 AM
    RE: chained to your love - by Starsin - 02-01-2019, 10:58 PM
    RE: chained to your love - by litotes - 02-05-2019, 09:07 PM
    RE: chained to your love - by Starsin - 02-12-2019, 03:45 AM
    RE: chained to your love - by litotes - 02-14-2019, 12:49 AM
    RE: chained to your love - by Starsin - 02-24-2019, 03:30 AM