• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone
    She takes the opportunity to slip away while her momma was busy with two brand new little babies. There was no doubt in her mind that she probably should have let either her momma or her daddy know where she was going but, well she would take a little heat to have an adventure. Besides she was just going across the water to see what was on the other side. It’s not like it was that far of an adventure anyways. She waits till later, flexing her wings experimentally before she takes to the sky.

She’s not very good at it yet, but there is a stubborn tilt to her mouth and a look in her eyes that says she won’t take any answer but getting better. And so she does, working hard to get across to the water. At first she stays along the edge, using the ground that’s beneath her to use as some kind of safety net. But she grows bolder and before she knows it’s she is flying in the middle of the water. She laughs, breaking her concentration and falling a couple feet before she catches herself. The pain makes her heart race in her chest but she grins when she steadies herself out.

Her muscles are screaming at her when she sees his pale form on the shore. She dips sharply when she gets closer to shore, finally falling into the water. She surfaces with a gasp just before him, the water up to her belly when her legs finally find purchase on the rocky bottom. She flips her wet mane from her face, walking towards him on legs that weren’t quite used to the ground any more. “Did you see that?!” Despite her fall, there is a smile on her face. “I flew all the way from over there to here!” She points her nose in the direction of Hyaline.

“Oh man that was awesome!” She stagger-slips up the rocks until she is closer to him. She shakes her now heavy wings out, but even the tips still touch the water until she reaches the shore. “Hi! I’m Astarielle, or Star. It’s much shorter.” She beams.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone - by Astarielle - 01-30-2019, 04:28 AM