• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    LEILAN
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It’s nearly summer but the northern half of the island hardly ever gives. Much like those who insist on living here despite the cold and therefore the relative lack of food. He tries to encourage them to go to Nerine, too, or even to the meadows although that’s a half day’s travel at walking pace. But lile the cold, like him, they are icicles in one way or another; unchanging and unfaltering, never really bending except perhaps when one melts.

But perhaps he’s too philosophical in that aspect, and surely Willa does most of her thinkingjust fine on her own.

She mentions his move is not necessary, and he chuckles lightly. ”A habit, I guess.” Looking her over he knows he doesn’t know much about her after all this time, and would honestly be relieved to hear she just saw him as a friend - after all he has more than enough trouble keeping one girl happy, at times. In fact he’d failed rather miserably already with one, the only thing he could do to make her safe being to ask a fairy. But that’s a story from another time and not something he thinks to discuss with this mare.

He grins at her mention of a steady presence. ”I have to burst your bubble there I’m afraid, but for you I will try.” A shake of his neck follows, loosening a knot forming in his mane by the wind that now desperately tries to pull it in every wrong direction. ”Steadying, I suppose. Your predictions may yet prove true in the end.” Taking in her stance, her form - eyes gleaming, coat no longer obviously dull, bones no longer visible - he nods to her. ”You’re doing well. Eilidh might not even recognize you when you find her.” he offers, then wonders where the other mare might be. Would she still live in the meadow, he wonders. Perhaps she’s found a herd or something - who knew, these days so many things were changing.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    LEILAN - by Willa - 01-30-2019, 05:33 AM
    RE: LEILAN - by Leilan - 01-30-2019, 11:02 AM
    RE: LEILAN - by Willa - 01-30-2019, 08:40 PM
    RE: LEILAN - by Leilan - 02-01-2019, 07:05 AM
    RE: LEILAN - by Willa - 02-18-2019, 09:53 AM