• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't take back what I say; LAURA pony
    Happy, that was what she knew. Grateful. She knew that too. After all her time amongst the Den had been a bit longer. She had been creeping up on her birthday when Kensa had found her, her belly already slightly rounder. She had been silent then. A self-inflicted punishment maybe, back when she had been angry and sad for being left behind, not once, but twice. But now? Now with Kensa and Lilotes she had a family and she was happy. So everything was okay, because she knew that they would love and protect her forever and ever.

She will change more, shifting, molding, melting into the places she should be. Or into the places her environment and the people surrounding her will mold her. She won’t always be this happy, but she would like to think she will be always grateful for the people that find their way into her life.

Like him. She is grateful right now, for meeting him. She is thoughtful when he says he can do what he wants. “That sounds lonely.” She says softly, her heart instantly bleeding for him. She knows what it is like to feel lonely and lost without another soul to lean on. She knew it, had felt it. Her lips hover over his shoulder as she steps closer. She wants to touch, but she can feel the heat still burning from his skin. She thinks of how she is going to need fireproof her body. This not being able to touch the ones that curl themselves next to her heart is going to get annoying.

She huffs a soft breath on his shoulder before stepping back. She doesn’t know that others might not associate touch with love, with happiness, with belonging. No, she doesn’t know that sometimes touch is painful. And so she doesn’t know boundaries, doesn’t know that some prefer large ones around themselves.

“Of course it is.” She says, a small smile curling her lips. “You wouldn’t hurt me or anyone else you barely know for no reason.” She stretches her still growing wings out at her sides, letting the tips of her feathers reach and stretch towards the ground before pulling them back up against her sides. “Everyone deserves friends. I’ll be yours.” The biggest thing she’s learned?

Everyone deserves love.

@[cleave]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't take back what I say; LAURA pony - by Astarielle - 02-09-2019, 04:29 PM