• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't take back what I say; LAURA pony
    She tilts her head when he laughs, the sound unkind and harsh on her ears. It causes them to fall back into her mane briefly but they are right back up there once the sound is gone. She blinks at him, a little confused when he says he is not lonely. “But you are alone. So of course you’re lonely.” She argues, her eyes turning determined in her quest to be his friend. The fire flares up hotter along his skin and she has to step back and away from it, knowing that being burned hurts. But there was no fear in her eyes as she watches him.

Even before when he had growled and glared and dared her to go, warned her to go. “I am listening to you.” She says stubbornly, her chin set in defiance now, her eyes glimmering with that same determination from before. She stays away from the fire, letting the flames reach and stretch towards her but she keeps them away from her skin.

If she wavered at all in those moments it did not show on her face. If her stomach was curling into nervous knots, that did not show either. She blows on a particularly persistent flame, like a birthday candle that wouldn’t go out, as she takes another half step back and away. “I am not leaving Cleave.” She says softly after a long moment, her eyes taking in the way his lips had pulled back from his teeth, the way his eyes glittered with danger. She squares herself up and faces him head on, waiting.

And while her happiness might have turned into determination, it had not left her. It was just like a puppy, wiggling and eager to get out once she managed to get Cleave to agree with her.

@[cleave]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't take back what I say; LAURA pony - by Astarielle - 02-18-2019, 06:31 AM