• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  stargazers

love is my religion. i could die for that.

The sickness has found its way to Aegean, but he doesn’t succumb to it—not completely.

It results in a heaviness to his normally airy body, bloodstains on his ivory lips, a haze of thoughts, a fever dream that he cannot escape. It follows him even when he is in the Cove. The usual lights and stars and beauty of it not lost on him but muted by the veil of the plague that surrounds him. It warps the world so that it tilts dangerously beneath his feet, but he embraces such madness, rolling it around on his tongue.

He almost doesn’t recognize her at first, and he cannot decide if the way she has changed is due to the years that have begun to stretch her body—turning the childish roundness into the beginning of mature lines—or the sickness that just slips over the surface of his vision, leaving him to peer out behind it.

When it finally does click, when he is finally able to see her for what and who she is, his lips curve upward, the smile slow but genuine. his amethyst eyes spark with pleasure and his body radiates and even more intense light as he begins to make his way toward her, stone hooves heavy but beautiful.

“Cosmos,” he wraps her name around his tongue, feeling the syrupy slowness of it as he angles up beside her. Horns begin to curve from his head, the beginning stages of soon-to-be proud antlers, and he drops to press his cheek to hers. “It has been so long.” The pink of her looks especially bright tonight and he takes his time appreciating it, feeling that faint pitter patter in his chest, that tightening. “I have missed you.”

When he sees the small stain of blood, he reaches out, his own bloodstained lips sweeping over it.

“You look beautiful.”

i could die for you.

@[Cosmos]

Messages In This Thread
    stargazers - by cosmos - 02-03-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: stargazers - by aegean - 02-07-2019, 11:07 PM
    RE: stargazers - by cosmos - 02-12-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: stargazers - by aegean - 02-17-2019, 06:54 PM
    RE: stargazers - by cosmos - 03-09-2019, 09:13 PM
    RE: stargazers - by aegean - 03-09-2019, 11:09 PM